QGraphicsView and QWidget with QAnimation cohabitation

• Hello,

A problem occurs when I moved from Qt4.8 to Qt5.3 in my windows application.

I have a QGraphicsView and a widget ( with simple buttons ) with a QPropertyAnimation--.

The QWidget animation doesn't work properly when a QGLgraphicsView has the a same parent. The paint event is not call during all the animation.

QGraphicsView* view = new QGraphicsView(this);

TilesMenu* tm = new TilesMenu(this);

---->Doesn't work

When I remove the QGLgraphicsView from the app, the animation works properly. The paint event is call during all the animation time.

//QGraphicsView* view = new QGraphicsView(this);

TilesMenu* tm = new TilesMenu(this);

---->Animation works

Do you have any idea of what's happening ?

Thanks for you help

• I'm stupid. I found that it was comming from my QGraphicsView and not from the original *

SOrry for the useless post

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

Cool you found out by yourself !

Can you also please update the thread title prepending [solved] so other forum users may know a solution has been found :)

• OK, I answered maybe too fast. I still have a problem and I identified it more precisely.

When I add a viewport to a QGraphicsView, the paint event is not sended correctly to other widget with animations

QGraphicsView* n = new QGraphicsView(this);
    n->setViewport(new QGLWidget(QGLFormat(QGL::DoubleBuffer),this));

Do you have any idea ?

thanks

• Lifetime Qt Champion

To be sure I understand correctly, if you set a QGLWidget as viewport it doesn't work otherwise it's fine ?

• Hi SGaist,

I spoke with the qt support and my bug is now deteted and reported here :

https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-40786

Thanks for your help

• Lifetime Qt Champion

You're welcome !

Once the bug is fixed, don't forget to update the thread title ;)

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.