Map character to another language

• Hello,
    I try to implement soft keyboard with multiple language support in Qt (widgets) and I have a problem with leter "translation" to different languages.
    Basically what I have is bunch of buttons on form with key code like Qt::Key_A etc. Now I want to i.e. switch language to German so key Y is now Z and Z if now Y.
    How would I go about doing such conversion?

And I'm looking for Qt solution == OS independent solution.
    Note that I don't want to change OS keyboard layout or / and input language.

• I would do it as a real "keyboard":http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scancode does it.
    Assign a code for each button and provide a translation table from a code to a character.
    For example let say left lower button has a code 0x7A. When widget draws the button it will ask a translator what character to draw on a button with code 0x7A.
    When the button is pressed widget will emit a signal with this code and whoever listen for the signal will get code and translate it to 'Z' in one case or to 'Y' in another.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.