[Solved] Segfault trying to connect QML signal to CPP slot

• Qt 5.2.1, visual studio 2010.

In my class constructor I have the following code, and at runtime m_uiRoot is 0 at the Q_CHECK_PTR call.

Solution: It was a weird QML syntax error

@m_view = new QQuickView;
    Q_CHECK_PTR(m_view);

m_view->setSource(QUrl::fromLocalFile("ControlPanel.qml"));
    m_view->show();

m_uiRoot = m_view->rootObject();
    Q_CHECK_PTR(m_uiRoot); //SEGFAULT HERE

connect(m_uiRoot, SIGNAL(Scene1Pessed()), this, SLOT(handleButtonClicked()));
    connect(m_uiRoot, SIGNAL(Scene2Pressed()), this, SLOT(handleButtonClicked()));
    connect(m_uiRoot, SIGNAL(Scene3Pressed()), this, SLOT(handleButtonClicked()));
    connect(m_uiRoot, SIGNAL(Scene4Pressed()), this, SLOT(handleButtonClicked()));
    connect(m_uiRoot, SIGNAL(Scene5Pressed()), this, SLOT(handleButtonClicked()));
    connect(m_uiRoot, SIGNAL(Scene6Pressed()), this, SLOT(handleButtonClicked()));
    @

• Quick check - Are you able to see QML window ? Are you able to launch the ControlPanel.qml separately ? What is the top-level item of ControlPanel.qml ? Is it ApplicationWindow or Rectangle ?

• Rectangle.I've launched the qml window by itself before in a barebones cpp application. m_uiRoot has type QObject *

• what was the issue ? Can post your answer here. It helps others in the forum.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.