Change property of all items in a Repeater at once?

• I want blanket commands that modify a property of every item of the repeater. right now I have this javascript function that does the job:

@ function disable() {
    for (var i = 0; i < theRepeater.model; i++) {
    theRepeater.itemAt(i).state = "disabled"
    }
    }@

But I am hoping for a single command that can change the state of every item in the repeater to disabled

• Moderators

Hi,

Create a property variable , and then bind that property to the state of the Item and then when you change that property variable the state of each item changes as well

• [quote author="p3c0" date="1406786774"]Hi,

Create a property variable , and then bind that property to the state of the Item and then when you change that property variable the state of each item changes as well[/quote]

Could you provide an example? I'm not sure what you mean by a property that is bound to the state... isnt that what the state property is for? and where should i be creating this property variable?

• Moderators

Sure here it is,
    @
    Item {
    width: 400
    height: 200

property string currentState: ""

Repeater {
        id: repeater
        model: 5
        Rectangle {
            id: rect
            x: index * 50
            y: 0
            width: 50
            height: 50
            color: '#'+Math.floor(Math.random()*16777215).toString(16)
            state: currentState

states: State {
                name: "moved";
                PropertyChanges { target: rect; y: 50 }
            }

transitions: Transition {
                NumberAnimation { properties: "y"; easing.type: Easing.InOutQuad }
            }

}
    }

Button {
        text: "Click"
        y: 200-50
        width: 80
        height: 50
        onClicked: { currentState="moved" }
    }

}
    @

Now here the property variable currentState is binded to state property of each Rectangle. And on click of button we assign a new value to the property currentState and thus on that change the state of each Rectangle gets affected too.
    Hope this is what you expect ...

• This is an interesting example of QML usage, thanks. I can't use currently because each rectangle's state gets overridden and becomes individual so I have to go back through each one and reset it somehow. I want each item in the repeater to be independent, except in this one case.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.