Call a qml function from C++.

• I normally use this line of code to invoke a qml function from c++ and all works well.
    @QMetaObject::invokeMethod((QObject*)(this->rootObjects().first()), "CallOk");@
    But my situation in a bit different. From the main qml file, by clicking on a button, I load a second qml file.
    How can I call its functions from c++?
    This line of code does not work.
    #QMetaObject::invokeMethod((QObject*)(this->rootObjects().first()), "CallOk");#
    I have tried
    @this->rootObjects().first()->findChild<QObject*>("aaa");@
    using the name of the object but does not work.
    Can you suggest me the right way?

• Use slots or Q_INVOKABLE.
    c++
    @class Blah {
    public slots:
    void iveBeenClicked()
    };@

Pass class to qml
    @
    Blah foo;
    view->rootContext()->setContextProperty("myblah", &blah);
    @

Qml
    @
    Button {
    onClicked: myblah.iveBeenClicked()
    }

Button {
    id: lateButton
    }

Component.onCompleted: lateButton.clicked.connect(myblah.iveBeenClicked())
    @

• Sorry but it isn't my situation.
    I need to call a qml function from c++.
    This line of code
    works only with a function in the main qml file.
    If you load a second qml file, the functions in it are not accesible from C++.

• Why not emit a signal from C++ that the QML file catches and then runs your function?

• It's a nice idea but I haven't find an example on how to connect a qml function to a c++ signal.
    Connect function seems to not be available in qml.

• You just make a C++ object that emits a signal the normal way, then make use of "Connections":http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/qml-qtqml-connections.html in QML. You need to have the "class available to QML":http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/qtqml-cppintegration-contextproperties.html.

So if you have a signal runFunction in your C++ class you can then just connect to it in your QML file like this:

@
    Connections {
    target: myCppClass
    onRunFunction: myQMLFuntion();
    }
    @

Hope it helps!

• Moderators

[quote author="mrdebug" date="1405861088"]

I normally use this line of code to invoke a qml function from c++ and all works well.
    But my situation in a bit different. From the main qml file, by clicking on a button, I load a second qml file.
    How can I call its functions from c++?
    This line of code does not work.
    #QMetaObject::invokeMethod((QObject*)(this->rootObjects().first()), "CallOk");#
    I have tried
    @this->rootObjects().first()->findChild<QObject*>("aaa");@
    using the name of the object but does not work.
    Can you suggest me the right way?[/quote]

Try this,
    @
    QMetaObject::invokeMethod((QObject*)(engine.rootObjects().at(0)->findChild<QQuickItem*>("myObject")), "callMyMethod");
    @

Provided you have given an objectName to the Item (here myObject)

• @
    Connections {
    target: myCppClass
    onRunFunction: myQMLFuntion();
    }
    @

Works perfectly!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.