Cross-platform application launcher example ?
I am looking for an example of a simple app launcher for Windows/Linux (or if someone can program it for me)
At this stage all I need for it to do is the following:
- User launches launcher.exe
- Launcher opens a standard to OS window with 2 buttons Run Game and Quit
- If user presses Quit, launcher quits.
- If user presses Run Game, the launcher executes game.exe in the same folder as launcher, minimized itself.
- If game's exe isn't found, launcher pops error window saying "Game's executable isn't found" with Ok button, which closes the error window and goes back to launcher's window.
- When user quits the game, and game's binary is no longer in RAM, launcher automatically quits.
- If the game crashes (or anything other than normal exit), launcher doesn't quit, and instead pops an error window saying "You game crashed or terminated unexpectedly" with Ok button.
[edit: Made a proper list to make the post readable SGaist]
Hi and welcome to devnet,
Have a look at the "Fluid Launcher Demo" in Qt's documentation, it should give you a good starting point.
Hope it helps
Thanks, but isn't it for mobile apps only?
The GUI part was designed with mobile in mind but the core logic is the same