[Solved] QML Fetch value from current row in a tableview.

• Hey all!

So I Have a tableview containing text. Under it I have a textfield which I want to display the text corresponding to the current selected row in the tableview. My tableview is based on a model which I get from C++. So when you click on a row in the tableview I want the text field to update as well. How can I do this?

I've tried several options similar to the one underneath here, but cant get it to work.

@
    function rowChanged(){
    langInput.text = masterTable.model.get(styleData.value).english;
    }
    @

• Moderators

Hi,

"get":http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/qml-qtqml-models-listmodel.html#get-method requires an integer. Also try using directly the model.
    For eg.
    @
    Text {
    text: masterResource.get(1).title
    }
    @

//masterResource is model

• Thanks for reply!

My tableview is based on a list from C++. So the model is masterResource.filteredList.

I tried this:

@
    langInput.text = masterResource.filteredList.get(1).english;
    @

but then I got this:
    qrc:///main.qml:981: TypeError: Property 'get' of object [object Object] is not a function.

?

• Moderators

What is masterResource and filteredList ?

• The filteredList is a list of objects. And masterResource is the connection to the C++ world.

But I got it to work using this:

@
    langInput.text = masterResource.filteredList[masterTable.currentRow].english;
    @

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.