WinRT: "qt.winrtrunner: Failed to read phone product ID from the manifest."

• Hi,
    I've installed "qt-opensource-windows-x86-winrt-5.3.1" in order to test Windows Runtime builds.
    I'm creating and compiling an empty project, and I get the following error at execution:

winrtrunner --device 0 --install --start --stop --wait 0 C:/Work/Devel/Qt/build-RTW00-Qt_5_3_for_Windows_Runtime_64bit-Debug/debug/RTW00.exe
    qt.winrtrunner: Failed to read phone product ID from the manifest.
    Error while executing winrtrunner: Le processus à planté

Le processus à planté = Processus has crashed (in french)

When I generate the VS project and run it, it just goes fine (I've tested it with the touch Qt sample too).
    Any idea?

Thanks for your help (if any!).

• Hi,

I agree this message is not very explicit, that's because your developper licence (for Win 8.1) has expired (Thanks microsoft ;-) ).

Open a command prompt and type this
    Show-WindowsDeveloperLicenseRegistration

The bad news is you must have a live id.

Bye.

• Hi,
    I'm also having this problem and my license hasn't expired! I even ran Unregister-WindowsDeveloperLicense followed by Show-WindowsDeveloperLicenseRegistration just to make sure and QT Creator still reports the error.
    BTW I'm only trying to run a Metro App not a Windows Phone App.

I tried to run the project in VS2013 and it wouldn't run there either - beginning to wonder if I made the right choice of dev tool!

Any help appreciated.
    Regards
    Bob

• I've tracked down the VS2013 issue: The "Package name" was missing after I'd generated the *.vcxproj file (qmake -tp vc etc.) - is this normal?

I'm now just left with the Developer license problem.

Regards
    Bob

• Is it normal ? I don't think so ;-).
    WinRt is not officially supported in Qt. I have the same issue. Each time I want to test my application in VS, I have to add the "package name".
    I think (hope), the next version of Qt Creator / And Qt will be able to launch WINRT versions without launching VS.

But, my application works fine in WinRT.

Tomme

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.