Code to launching a program

• I want to know how to make a pushbutton that when clicked will open a program or file(such as a text file or internet explorer). I do not need to read or write to it, just launch/open it.

• Ok...First you need to create a SLOT and connect to QPushButton, this SLOT is called when a SIGNAL clicked() is emitted by QPushButton. A tip, "SIGNAL/SLOT":http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/signalsandslots.html is key of Qt, I suggest you read more about this.

And to open a file or program you can use "QProcess":http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/QProcess.html.

In practice it would be something like this:

@

QPushButton *button = new QPushButton("Button", this);
    connect(button, SIGNAL(clicked()), this, SLOT(openProgramFile()))

@

So you create a SLOT....

Add this in your Header file (.h):

@

protected slot:

void openProgramFile();

@

Add this in your Source file (.cpp):

@

void yourClass::openProgramFile(){

QString programPath = "/path/to/program";
    QStringList arguments;
    arguments << "argument1" << "argument2";

QProcess *myProcess = new QProcess(this&#41;;
    myProcess->start(programPath, arguments);

}

@

• Place a QPushButton, use QObject::connect() to connect it to a method of your choosing, inside that method use QProcess to launch a different program. Quite easily done, actually!

EDIT: I didn't notice that somebody else already wrote a much more detailed reply, hadn't refreshed the page after a little bit of waiting.

• Thanks for the help!

I also have tried the system(" file directory "); and that works to.

I would like to have the program be hidden and close after certain time. QProsses be able to do this to?

• QProcess will help you to kill/terminate created process. You will not be able to hide it through QProcess

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.