Source code contains odd syntax: % CRLF %

• Hi, I am building Enginio source code myself.
    However when the compiler does not recognize odd syntax: % CRLF %. Many implementation use this odd syntax that causes compile error:
    @ const QString request = QLatin1String("GET ") % url.path(QUrl::FullyEncoded) % QChar::fromLatin1('?')
    % url.query(QUrl::FullyEncoded) % QLatin1String(" HTTP/1.1") % CRLF %

QLatin1String("Host: ") % url.host(QUrl::FullyEncoded) % QChar::fromLatin1(':')
                                % QString::number(url.port(8080)) % CRLF %

QLatin1String("Upgrade: websocket") % CRLF %
                             QLatin1String("Connection: upgrade") % CRLF %
                             QLatin1String("Sec-WebSocket-Key: ") % QString::fromUtf8(secWebSocketKeyBase64) % CRLF %
                             QLatin1String("Sec-WebSocket-Version: 13") % CRLF % CRLF;

@

How to get these code pass compilation?

• Search and replace? CRLF is a linefeed and happens sometimes between Unix / Windows conversion. You can try to read all files using notepad++ which mostly reads the files correct and then save these files again and perhaps it will be in the right format.

Hope this helps.. it's a wild guess :-)
    Rob

• Thank you, By now, I've replaced '%' with '+' which I thought would be connecting strings.

• What is exact error message?

In this piece you are building a HTTP request, where each field must be separated by pair CR LF.
    So CRLF here is a constant defined somewhere else and looks something like
    @
    const QLatin1String CRLF("\r\n");
    @

String concatenation with % is possible if you use "QStringBuilder":https://qt-project.org/wiki/UsingQStringEffectively#6c7f5f5135b4092d900571aab77097fd

• You probably broke QStringBuilder compilation somehow. "%" syntax is optional and you can safely replace it by "+", in this case maybe with a small performance penalty.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.