Qwt Direct Painter Clipping [SOLVED]

• I am currently using QwtPlotDirectPainter to plot real time data points onto a QwtPlotCurve. All data that is received from a usb device is being plotted on the graph. Here is my function that does the direct painting of the new data points:
    @
    // paints multiple points onto the line
    // uses direct painter, no replot required
    void CustomPlot::appendActiveData(const QVector<QPointF> &points)
    {
    // append the data point to the curve data
    CurveData *curveData = static_cast<CurveData *>(mActive->data());
    curveData->append(points);

// do clipping if neccesary on specific systems
    int count = curveData->size();
    if (!canvas()->testAttribute(Qt::WA_PaintOnScreen)){
        // Depending on the platform setting a clip might be an important
        // performance issue. F.e. for Qt Embedded this reduces the
        // part of the backing store that has to be copied out - maybe
        // to an unaccelerated frame buffer device.
        const QwtScaleMap xMap = canvasMap(mActive->xAxis());
        const QwtScaleMap yMap = canvasMap(mActive->yAxis());

// get bounding rect
        QRectF boundingRect = qwtBoundingRect(*curveData, (curveData->size() - points.size()) - 1, count - 1);
        const QRect clipRect = QwtScaleMap::transform(xMap, yMap, boundingRect).toRect();
        mDirectPainter->setClipRegion(clipRect);
    }

// use the direct painter and paint the entire line
    // this is still much faster than a 'replot'
    mDirectPainter->drawSeries(mActive, (count - points.size()) - 1, count);

}
    @

Everything works great and is extremely efficient! up until two points right next to each other on the graph have a drastic change in x value on the plot (.001mS apart on a 20 second x scale). The curve seems to not want to paint in between the two points which I think is due to the clipping region.

I guess my real question is, how does the clipping work? I haven't really used much manual painting in Qt in general. Here http://imgur.com/8Vy4Xzz is an image of the graph for a visual example what is happening.

Edit: My issue is somewhat solved. I increased the clipping region to the size of the canvas and now there are no plot points missing during the direct paint.

• Hello,
    I need real time clipped data plotting too. Could you please share your CustomPlot class implementation, so I can use it as an example? Or if you can't share it, at least post some references.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.