Build and Run two Qt project from a single . pro file

• Hi,
    I have developed two separate applications a client and a server, which are build separately as they were separate projects, Now i want to build and run them together, so i created a folder and copied the two projects in the folder and created a .pro file which contains the following lines

TEMPLATE = subdirs

SUBDIRS += server client

CONFIG += ordered

when i build and run, two projects are build successfully, but only one project is run,
    I want both application to run together.

Please suggest a solution.

Thanks,
    Georgy Daniel

• Moderators

What about adding this in client.pro:
    @
    QMAKE_POST_LINK=./../server/your/build/dir/server
    @

• It is not working as expected, this will invoke the application mentioned in the 'QMAKE_POST_LINK' only for a clean build and run, and the second application is run only when the first app is closed manually.

• Moderators

Then I think you need a separate script for that, or start the applications manually.

• Thanks, but I saw a project (pretty huge project) which does invoke two applications,
    and in the application output log window of QT creator, it seems like only one application is invoked, I thought the first application is invoking the other, but i could not find any reference to second app in the first app.

any ways thanks for you help.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.