More Qt Ambassador Kits on their way!

• Have you received your Qt Ambassador Kit yet? If not, a kit should be on its way to you very soon!

We just received more merchandise, and more kits are shipped out TODAY! :-)

Please note that you should NOT pay the shipping company anything ( no import taxes or anything else) as the shipping documentation states that Nokia pays all charges.

For those of you that have already received your kits, we would love to see pictures, feel free to post links here! :-)

• Where do the kits come from, Oslo or the nearby business office?
    I can't wait to see the kit :-)

• I received my "t-shirt":http://twitpic.com/2tn543 and stickers on 1st of October 2010 and "my Nokia N8 ":http://twitpic.com/2x2jvl on 12 October 2010 during the Qt Developer Days 2010 in Munich :)

• We send them from Oslo, so I guess it can take a few weeks for you to get it!

• @Milot Shala: Thanks for sharing pictures. Always fun to see! :-)

• [quote author="Marianne Granum" date="1299682852"]@Milot Shala: Thanks for sharing pictures. Always fun to see! :-) [/quote]

You are welcome. Thanks to you I've had a chance to take those pictures :)

• Nice. Got my kit today. The C7 came in handy since I broke my N8. Also the t-shirt is nice.

• So will the kit be sent as soon as you received the "Congratulations: Qt Ambassador Program" e-mail or only after the application has been posted to the Qt Ambassador Showcase site?
    And are kits "in stock" currently or not? Because I received my "Congratulations: Qt Ambassador Program" e-mail yesterday and I'm going to submit the data for the showcase site today :-)

• @Marianne: I just received a phone call from the shipping company(seems to be TNT) that my Kit is arrived. But they asked me to pay the import taxes for the kit. So can you please help me? (I already send you an email to "qt-ambassador@nokia.com")

• @riussi: Happy to hear that you got the kit, and that you liked the t-shirt! :-)
    @xinevil: The kit is sent to you shortly after you fill out a survey regarding contact information. You'll find the link to the survey in the " Congratulation"-e-mail.
    @Liangliang Nan: You should NOT pay for anything, Nokia covers all costs. We'll contact TNT now, and figure out what the problem is.

• @Marianne In my congratulations e-mail is no link to any contact survey. There is only a link to the place where I cam change the info about my application (and a link to the logo guidelines).

• In my experience, you get that link after you have filled in the additional project information, and that completed project has been approved (the latter can go really fast).

• @xinevil: Sorry to have misguided you, Andre is of course right! You get the e-mail with the survey link AFTER your project is uploaded to the Qt Ambassador Showcase! Sorry again!
    @Andre: Thanks for correcting me! :-)

• Oh OK then I'll wait until that has happened :). Hope it is soon (filled in the project info on saturday).
    Thanks!

• [quote author="xinevil" date="1300092281"]Oh OK then I'll wait until that has happened :). Hope it is soon (filled in the project info on saturday).
    Thanks![/quote]

Don't worry, you probably don't have to wait too long then :) I filled in my details last friday, it was put up on the site the very same day, and I got word that Nokia already shipped some goodies my way (no official email, just trust that it will). Not a bad throughput at all, I'd say! (Thanks Marianne!)

• Same problem with TNT here. I have written an e-mail to "qt-ambassador@nokia.com" explaining the situation and followed up with another e-mail to TNT.

Thanks for looking into it :)

• [quote author="Andre" date="1300092728"]
    [quote author="xinevil" date="1300092281"]Oh OK then I'll wait until that has happened :). Hope it is soon (filled in the project info on saturday).
    Thanks![/quote]

Don't worry, you probably don't have to wait too long then :) I filled in my details last friday, it was put up on the site the very same day, and I got word that Nokia already shipped some goodies my way (no official email, just trust that it will). Not a bad throughput at all, I'd say! (Thanks Marianne!) [/quote]

Nice, it is already approved :)

• My kit was delivered today, it took about a month to come. I had no problems with the post office, I didn't have to pay any tax. :)

The Nokia C7 is just great! The screen is very responsive, the device is thin and lightweight. It's the very first time I touched on a Symbian^3 device, and it's better than I thought. Wish I could still have it as an option for Windows in Nokia mobile phones in the future.

I'm reading the documentation and downloading the full SDK (I only had Qt and Qt Creator) so I can start to develop for it.

• @Esdras Beleza: Happy to hear you got the kit without any problems! :-) I'm looking forward to hearing more about how developing for Nokia C7 and Symbian works out for you!

• I still haven't received any information about my kit. How long will it take to mail to US?

• Well, that was quick! My kit has arrived, and it was full of "awesomeness":http://developer.qt.nokia.com/forums/viewthread/4519/!

Thanks Trolls!

• Andre, since you also live in the Netherlands: when did you become ambassador? So I can estimate when my kit will arrive :) .

• I uploaded my screenshots and last project details last friday, they got approved and uploaded to the showcase site the same day and I got the email that my package was underway this monday, so it didn't take long at all!

• Oh so you receive an e-mail that the package is sent.. I didn't receive that yet. I did receive the "enter your address" e-mail, so I guess I will receive the other mail soon

• Are most of you living in Netherlands? But I live in USA, now. Last Monday, I got the email which said my kit package was sent. USA is more far away than Netherlands. So, I think I need to wait longer. Does anyone know how long the package will mail to me? I cannot wait to see what's inside!!!

• Hello everyone!

I joined this week! Nice to see a blooming community of Qt Ambassadors. Looking forward to get to know many of you - and even meet in person some day!

[quote author="xinevil" date="1300309122"]Oh so you receive an e-mail that the package is sent.. I didn't receive that yet. I did receive the "enter your address" e-mail, so I guess I will receive the other mail soon[/quote]

I haven't got an alert about the package sent. I have submitted my mailing address on Tuesday.
    So I believe the package would be sent this week?

Cheers,
    Pankaj.

• [quote author="panzeyu" date="1300318772"]Are most of you living in Netherlands? But I live in USA, now. Last Monday, I got the email which said my kit package was sent. USA is more far away than Netherlands. So, I think I need to wait longer. Does anyone know how long the package will mail to me? I cannot wait to see what's inside!!![/quote]

Most of us from the Netherlands? No, I highly doubt it. I think if there is a country over represented, it would probably Germany. Look for instance at the differences in the number of members of the country groups here on the forum.

USU might take longer, but there is no way to tell. A freightplane from Norway to Amsterdam doesn't take that much less time than one to NY... I have sometimes received shipments from the US the day after it was send.

• @panzeyu: If you send an e-mail to qt-ambassador@nokia.com, we can probably help you track down the kit.
    @xinevil: If you have filled out the contact information form, a kit will be sent to you this week!
    @Andre: Happy to hear you got the kit already, and thanks for sharing pictures! :-)

FYI, we are working on ways to increase attention and awareness to the countries our Ambassadors represent, so stay tuned! ;-)

• My kit's arrived, thanks! The square Qt stickers are really cool :)

• @razvanpetru: I'm glad you got the kit and that you like the stickers! Use them wisely and feel free to share pictures of creative use of the stickers!:-)

• [quote author="razvanpetru" date="1300360742"]My kit's arrived, thanks! The square Qt stickers are really cool :)[/quote]

Congratulations buddy ;)

• Congrats to all fellow ambassadors!!!
    And don't let your C7 linger around, like I did, got it stolen from my car :-/

• is there anyway to specify alternative package receipt method? especially if your address is very remote.

• Thanks very much :o)
    I have received my kit yesterday with C7, T-shirt and all goodies...

• Hi my fellows,
    Am waiting for my kit, but i think it will take a year to reach Tanzania (my home county).is that true?

• wow, sorry buddy. @mazd. i think mine will take about a month / or less depending on the courier used. i really look forward to my package :-)

• @Ifewalter
    Where are you guy?

• @mazd Nigeria :)

• Wow!My fellow African!!--I think we should wait together for long time, because we are far away from Finland. LOL

• LOL....i hope Qt will use a secure and fast courier though..

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.