In qml, canvas width can not be longer than 8520, why?

• hi,
    I recently develop on QT 5.1,and I have found in my personal computer (cpu : i7), canvas width can not be longer than 8520 in my qml file. why?
    can any one tell me?
    I need such length of longer than 8520 for my development.
    how I fix it?
    thx.

the following is the source code for debug.

@Rectangle{
    width: 800; height: 480
    color:"transparent"

Canvas{
        id:canvas
        width:8520
        height:480;

onPaint: {
            var ctx = canvas.getContext("2d");//Context2D

ctx.globalCompositeOperation = "source-over";
            ctx.clearRect(0,0,width,height);//Clears all pixels on the canvas in the given rectangle to transparent black.
            ctx.lineWidth = 1;
            ctx.save();
            ctx.fillStyle = ctx.createPattern("#6699CC",Qt.SolidPattern);
            ctx.beginPath();
            ctx.rect(0,0,canvas.width,canvas.height);
            ctx.closePath();
            ctx.fill();
            ctx.restore();
        }
    }

}@

• besides,I find Rectangle maximum width is not longer than 8520.
    how is that limits determined? Is there something to do with platform frame buffer of display?
    for example: it will be failed!

@Rectangle{
    width: 8520; height: 480
    //color:"transparent"
    color:"#6699CC"
    } @

• Based on the documentation for Canvas, I suspect you want to set canvasSize and canvasWindow, unless the display being targeted really is greater than 8520 pixels wide.

For me with Qt 5.3.0 and XCB, a canvas with width or height greater than 8192 fails to render. I'm not sure where the limitation comes from, but the fact that it occurs above 8k seems noncoincidental. Does a width of 8519 work for you?

• [quote author="jeremy_k" date="1401233474"]Based on the documentation for Canvas, I suspect you want to set canvasSize and canvasWindow, unless the display being targeted really is greater than 8520 pixels wide.

For me with Qt 5.3.0 and XCB, a canvas with width or height greater than 8192 fails to render. I'm not sure where the limitation comes from, but the fact that it occurs above 8k seems noncoincidental. Does a width of 8519 work for you?[/quote]

hi,

thanks for your tips.

I do not test such width 8519.
    but I guess the limitation is something to do with hardware platform, may be about the graphics chip.
    I port my qml code to arm platform(TI am335x, contex-A8).sadly,beyond my mind, the width can not more than 2400.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.