[SOLVED] How to get QLocale by QLocale::Country

• Hi Al!!
    I have a list of countries such a:
    @for (int i = 1; i < QLocale::LastCountry-1; ++i) {
    //here i need to display native country name, how can i do that?
    }@

• Hi there. Is "that":http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/qlocale.html#countryToString what you want?
    @
    for (int i = 1; i < QLocale::LastCountry-1; ++i)
    {
    qDebug()<<QLocale::countryToString((QLocale::Country)i);
    }
    @

• Hi,

I'm not at home so I can't try this right now, but I would try something like this:
    @QList<QLocale> allLocales = QLocale::matchingLocales(QLocale::AnyLanguage, QLocale::AnyScript, QLocale::AnyCountry);

for (int i = 1; i < allLocales. count()-1; ++i) {
    QString nativeCountryName = allLocales.at(i).nativeCountryName();
    }@

• [quote author="Jan-Willem" date="1400243997"]
    @
    QString nativeCountryName = allLocales.nativeCountryName();
    }@
    [/quote]
    you forgot iterator:
    @
    @

• Yep your right. I will update the code.
    Thanks

• [quote author="Jan-Willem" date="1400243997"]Hi,

I'm not at home so I can't try this right now, but I would try something like this:
    @QList<QLocale> allLocales = QLocale::matchingLocales(QLocale::AnyLanguage, QLocale::AnyScript, QLocale::AnyCountry);

}@
    [/quote]

A lot of tnx! but this code give around 400 records, when countries count around 250, how can i filter them?

• i don't need all of languages at the country, i need only one language per country.

• and one more, is any body know how can i take a phone number code by CountryCode? Maybe some one know free lib for that?

• Perhaps you could experiment with the values of QLocale::AnyLanguage and QLocale::AnyScript to limit you output.

• You could check if nativeCountryName already exists, and when true, don't add it to your list.

• Alternatively you could use QMetaEnum to retrieve the values of the enum QLocale::Country, where al the country names are stored. The names of the countries are returned by key().

• i currently use map for set relation from QLocale::Country to QLocale, this is solve my issue.
    Once again tnx!
    about taking phone number code issue is open.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.