Using "RegisterFileType" in Qt Installer Framework

• I'm trying to create an installer that register a file extension. So I'm using the following commnad in my install script:

@component.addOperation("RegisterFileType", "prp", "@TargetDir@/@ProductName@.exe");@

But how can I provide the file being opened to my application? I didn't found anything in the "documentation":http://qt-project.org/doc/qtinstallerframework-1.5/operations.html

• I also would like to know how to provide an icon. The "registerfileextension" example do this:

@component.createOperations();
    var iconId = 0;
    var notepadPath = installer.environmentVariable("SystemRoot") + "\notepad.exe";

var isRegisterFileChecked = component.userInterface("RegisterFileCheckBoxesForm").RegisterFileCheckBox.checked;
    if (installer.value("os") === "win") {
        component.addOperation("RegisterFileType",
                               component.unusalFileType,
                               notepadPath + " '%1'",
                               "QInstaller Framework example file type",
                               "text/plain",
                               notepadPath + "," + iconId,
                               "ProgId=QtProject.QtInstallerFramework." + component.unusalFileType);
    }
    component.addOperation("Move", "@TargetDir@/registeredfile", component.registeredFile);@

But how can I provide my own ico file?

• Ok. After digging a bit I found my answers.

• How to provide the file being opened to the command in "RegisterFileType"?
    • '%1' like in the example above
    • How to provide an icon for the file being registered
    • The icon must be in "TargetDir" or it must be some default icon file.

• Hi mcleary.
    Thank you for sharing this solution. It would be great if you add doc notes for that.

• The registering works nicely for me with QtIFW 1.5, but is there a possibility to select my application as the DEFAULT application the file type is opened with? When an application has already registered the extension is stays the default application... :/

• Thanks for this post and answer!

Also interested in kiro's question.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.