Permission denied

• How do I get a permission denied when I'm running as an administrator?

@c:/qt/tools/mingw48_32/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/4.8.0/../../../../i686-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot open output file debug\helloWorld-widget.exe: Permission denied
    collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    Makefile.Debug:78: recipe for target 'debug\helloWorld-widget.exe' failed
    mingw32-make[1]: *** [debug\helloWorld-widget.exe] Error 1@

• Moderators

Hi,

I guess your program is running already. Close it before starting another run.

• The strange thing is that I don't see my program that's already running. I see it and close it the first two times but then when I run it a third time I get this error.

• Moderators

is it a console application?

• Moderators

It might be running, but invisible. Open your task manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) and check the list of running applications/processes.

How did you quit your program before?

• I have the same problem, and I have seen this on older Qt versions as well. Installed Qt5 today.

What I observe is that once you compile and go you get this problem if you re-compile afterwards. If I wait a bit it seems that the problem resolves itself. This remind me of a a known Windows issue that the OS can hold on to files for some time. This is however not an issue with Code::Blocks or other IDE's using WinGW.

This was on a QtWidget app, I have tried different ways of stopping the application. I can never see it running in Task Manager and the only way to get around it by starting/stopping QtCreator or simply wait.

• I have the same problem I'll go crazy !
    My application quit with code 0.
    But now I can compile only one time !
    I passed my program to my colleague and he has no problem.
    I use Qt 3.0.0 with Framework 5.2.0 MinGW 4.3
    This problem appears with no reason... I'm desesperate

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.