Qt 5.2.1 Windows build fails while updating path

• I'm trying to build Qt 5.2.1 from source, but it fails, seemingly when updating some environment variables.

I configured Qt with the following options:
    -opensource -debug-and-release -opengl desktop -nomake examples -nomake tests -skip qtwebkit-examples -confirm-license

and started the build using nmake. All this was executed from a batch script (which performs some pre-build checks and updates some environment variables w.r.t. icu, python and gnuwin32) from a Visual Studio 64-bit command prompt.

This is the error output:

@Generating Code...
    link /NOLOGO /DYNAMICBASE /NXCOMPAT /INCREMENTAL:NO /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE "/MANIFESTDEPENDENCY:type='win32' name='Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls' version='6.0.0.0' publicKeyToken='6595b64144ccf1df' language='' processorArchitecture=''" /MANIFEST /MANIFESTFILE:......\bin\uic.exe.embed.manifest /OUT:......\bin\uic.exe @C:\Users\GREGOR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\nm5EE7.tmp
    mt.exe /nologo /manifest ......\bin\uic.exe.embed.manifest /outputresource:......\bin\uic.exe;1
    cd widgets\ && ( if not exist Makefile C:\Development\gregoryvv_GVV-Win\Ariane\3rdParty\qt-everywhere-opensource-src\qtbase\bin\qmake C:\Development\gregoryvv_GVV-Win\Ariane\3rdParty\qt-everywhere-opensource-src\qtbase\src\widgets\widgets.pro -o Makefile ) && "c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\BIN\amd64\nmake.exe" -f Makefile

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 10.00.30319.01
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

"c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\BIN\amd64\nmake.exe" -f Makefile.Debug all

(set QT_PLUGIN_PATH=C:\Development\gregoryvv_GVV-Win\Ariane\3rdParty\qt-everywhere-opensource-src\qtbase\plugins) & (set PATH=C:\Development\gregoryvv_GVV-Win\Ariane\3rdParty\qt-everywhere-opensource-src\qtbase\lib;%PATH:)=^)%) & C:\Development\gregoryvv_GVV-Win\Ariane\3rdParty\qt-everywhere-opensource-src\qtbase\bin\uic.exe dialogs\qfiledialog.ui -o .uic\ui_qfiledialog.h

NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '(set' : return code '0x1'
    Stop.
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\BIN\amd64\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
    Stop.
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cd' : return code '0x2'
    Stop.
    Stop.
    Stop.@

My first thought was that the %PATH:)=^>% part was the cause of the problem, but replacing that with %PATH% results in the same error.
    Anyone who can shed light on this?
    I'm trying to build using Visual Studio 10 on Windows 8.1 (64bit).

• I just downloaded the 5.3 beta source and compilations fails at the same point:

@Generating Code...
    link /NOLOGO /DYNAMICBASE /NXCOMPAT /INCREMENTAL:NO /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE "/MANIFESTDEPENDENCY:type='win32' name='Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls' version='6.0.0.0' publicKeyToken='6595b64144ccf1df' language='' processorArchitecture=''" /MANIFEST /MANIFESTFILE:......\bin\uic.exe.embed.manifest /OUT:......\bin\uic.exe @C:\Users\GREGOR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\nmA75B.tmp
    mt.exe /nologo /manifest ......\bin\uic.exe.embed.manifest /outputresource:......\bin\uic.exe;1
    cd widgets\ && ( if not exist Makefile C:\3rdParty\qt\qtbase\bin\qmake C:\3rdParty\qt\qtbase\src\widgets\widgets.pro -o Makefile ) && "c:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\BIN\amd64\nmake.exe" -f Makefile

"c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\BIN\amd64\nmake.exe" -f Makefile.Debug all

(set PATH=C:\3rdParty\qt\qtbase\lib;%PATH:)=^)%) & C:\3rdParty\qt\qtbase\bin\uic.exe dialogs\qfiledialog.ui -o .uic\ui_qfiledialog.h

NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '(set' : return code '0x1'
    Stop.
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\BIN\amd64\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
    Stop.
    Stop.
    Stop.
    Stop.@

Just to recap: I'm building from a Visual Studio 2010 x64 Command prompt; I have installed python, perl and ruby and set up the required paths to icu. All this is happening under windows 8.1 64bit (although the same happens on windows 7 64bit).

• Are you using your custom icu compilation? In that case try adding icu dlls path to system path. I have experienced the same isue while using my own icu compilation.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.