Fresh binary install of QT5.2.1 for MSVC2010 - qmap.h error

• My app builds fine with QT5.1.1 using msvc2010 (32bit). Installed the binary build of QT5.2.1 for MSVC10 32bit.

Get this error:

C:\Qt\5.2.1\msvc2010\include\QtCore/qmap.h(216) : error C2059: syntax error : '&'
    C:\Qt\5.2.1\msvc2010\include\QtCore/qmap.h(212) : while compiling class template member function 'QMapNode<Key,T> *QMapData<Key,T>::createNode(const Key &,const T &,QMapNode<Key,T> *,bool)'
    with
    [
    Key=QString,
    T=QVariant
    ]
    C:\Qt\5.2.1\msvc2010\include\QtCore/qmap.h(333) : see reference to class template instantiation 'QMapData<Key,T>' being compiled
    with
    [
    Key=QString,
    T=QVariant
    ]
    C:\Qt\5.2.1\msvc2010\include\QtCore/qmap.h(333) : while compiling class template member function 'QMap<Key,T>::QMap(void)'
    with
    [
    Key=QString,
    T=QVariant
    ]
    C:\Qt\5.2.1\msvc2010\include\QtCore/qvariant.h(501) : see reference to class template instantiation 'QMap<Key,T>' being compiled
    with
    [
    Key=QString,
    T=QVariant
    ]
    C:\Qt\5.2.1\msvc2010\include\QtCore/qmap.h(216) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before ')'
    C:\Qt\5.2.1\msvc2010\include\QtCore/qmap.h(216) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before ')'
    C:\Qt\5.2.1\msvc2010\include\QtCore/qmap.h(218) : error C2059: syntax error : '&'
    C:\Qt\5.2.1\msvc2010\include\QtCore/qmap.h(218) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before ')'
    C:\Qt\5.2.1\msvc2010\include\QtCore/qmap.h(218) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before ')'

• It took me some hairs of my head, but I found the problem.
    Some library headers in debug mode redefine the 'new' operator in order to catch memory leaks; something like this:

@#define new new( _NORMAL_BLOCK, FILE, LINE)@

The problem is with this lines in qmap.h, where they use the new operator in a very unusual way.

@
    QT_TRY{
    new (&n->key) Key(k); /* !!! /
    QT_TRY{
    new (&n->value) T(v); /
    !!! */
    @

The workaround is to undef the new operator before the qt headers.
    @
    #undef new
    #include "qt_header.h"
    @

I don't know if it can be considered a bug, but certainly it is source of troubles.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

No it's not, generally on Windows you would include Windows specific headers after Qt's

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.