QBluetooth on Bootcamp Windows

• Hi so all I am trying to do is to find all surrounding bluetooth devices and output their data like in the qt-bluetooth documentation, but for some reason the discoveryAgent object does not find anything despite my computer having a bluetooth connection

@
    #include "mainwindow.h"
    #include "ui_mainwindow.h"
    #include "QDebug"

MainWindow::MainWindow(QWidget *parent) :
        QMainWindow(parent),
        ui(new Ui::MainWindow)
    {
        ui->setupUi(this);

// Create a discovery agent and connect to its signals
        QBluetoothDeviceDiscoveryAgent *discoveryAgent = new QBluetoothDeviceDiscoveryAgent(this);
        connect(discoveryAgent, SIGNAL(deviceDiscovered(const QBluetoothDeviceInfo&)),
                this, SLOT(deviceDiscovered(const QBluetoothDeviceInfo&)));

// Start a discovery
        discoveryAgent->start();

qDebug() <<"bt created";
    }

MainWindow::~MainWindow()
    {
        delete ui;
    }

void MainWindow::deviceDiscovered(const QBluetoothDeviceInfo &device)
    {
        qDebug() << "Found new device:" << device.name() << '(' <<  device.address().toString() << ')';
    }

@

When I do @discoverAgent -> isActive();@

false is returned despite the start message allready being sent, so what is wrong? Please help me!!

I am on a mac running windows via bootcamp, maybe qt can't find my bluetooth because of that? however I also have a bluetooth dongle and it doesnt work with that either.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

IIRC Currently the bluetooth module is supported on Linux with BlueZ 4.x, blackberry and since 5.3 also android

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.