Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

QBluetooth on Bootcamp Windows

• Hi so all I am trying to do is to find all surrounding bluetooth devices and output their data like in the qt-bluetooth documentation, but for some reason the discoveryAgent object does not find anything despite my computer having a bluetooth connection

@
    #include "mainwindow.h"
    #include "ui_mainwindow.h"
    #include "QDebug"

MainWindow::MainWindow(QWidget *parent) :
        QMainWindow(parent),
        ui(new Ui::MainWindow)
    {
        ui->setupUi(this);

// Create a discovery agent and connect to its signals
        QBluetoothDeviceDiscoveryAgent *discoveryAgent = new QBluetoothDeviceDiscoveryAgent(this);
        connect(discoveryAgent, SIGNAL(deviceDiscovered(const QBluetoothDeviceInfo&)),
                this, SLOT(deviceDiscovered(const QBluetoothDeviceInfo&)));

// Start a discovery
        discoveryAgent->start();

qDebug() <<"bt created";
    }

MainWindow::~MainWindow()
    {
        delete ui;
    }

void MainWindow::deviceDiscovered(const QBluetoothDeviceInfo &device)
    {
        qDebug() << "Found new device:" << device.name() << '(' <<  device.address().toString() << ')';
    }

@

When I do @discoverAgent -> isActive();@

false is returned despite the start message allready being sent, so what is wrong? Please help me!!

I am on a mac running windows via bootcamp, maybe qt can't find my bluetooth because of that? however I also have a bluetooth dongle and it doesnt work with that either.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

IIRC Currently the bluetooth module is supported on Linux with BlueZ 4.x, blackberry and since 5.3 also android