Is it possible to run remotely an executable built with CMake ?

• Hello,

I am currently trying to run an executable built with Cmake on a remote device.

I followed the tutorial to set up a kit and use a toolchain. To test, I used a QtCreator project and everything works perfectly (I can build the project, deploy it on the device and execute it remotely).
    However I cannot do the same for a CMake project. I can build it and deploy it but I cannot run it. In fact, when I go to projects->name_of_my_kit->Run, I do not have the same options in the Run part.
    With a QtCreator project there are two fields which show the path toward my local and remote executables whereas now I can only chose one executable and it is the local one.

I have spent a lot of time to google my problem and I have not found yet someone trying the same thing.

Is it possible to run an executable built with CMake remotely through QtCreator ?
    My last goal is to debug while the programme is running on the device like a QtCreator project.

QtCreator : 3.0.1
    Ubuntu 12.04
    Qt : 5.2.1

• Moderators

How to deploy files to devices (and which files need to be deployed) is unfortunately bound to the build system used. Creator does not support that for cmake at this time.

You can add the necessary steps manually (e.g. by running scp as a custom step in the deployment) and then run a custom executable which will run your command via ssh on the target machine. That is a bit of work to set up though.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.