[SOLVED] QSignalMapper - How to identify many signals from same widget

• Hi,

I'm using QSignalMapper to connect many signals from different widgets to one unique widget, as posted "here":http://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/40408/.

Now I'm trying to handle differents signals from the same Custom Widget, but cannot identify which of them has been activated, cause I always get the same int identifier. The only near approach I have tried, is to manage the signals direct from the sub widgets into the Custom Widget, but that implies to make them Public, and I don't think is appropriate (maybe it is?).

So, is QSignalMapper the right approach in this situation?. Have not found info about it in the posts or docs, have I missed something?.

Regards,

Santiago

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Not it's not really the right approach, the idea behing QSignalMapper is to map the same signal for different (but generally of the same type) widgets on a given slot.

You should rather use a separate mapper (and thus a different slot) for each signal you want to map

Hope it helps

• Thanks SGaist. Have tried this approach, works fine and looks better.

Regards!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.