[SOLVED] Clipping problem with QPainter on QPrinter

• For my software I create a draw a football pitch and add players and their routes on it. saved as numbers I let it draw with QPainter. Thx to clipping everything is drawn within the specified widget. Several Formations and Plays also contains Names and Informations as plain text (for now)

I want to export everything into a PDF document where each page contains one formation/play. The layout for each page should be like this:

Name of Formation/Play

Image of Formation/Play

Information of Formation/Play

Putting everything as QTextdocument will make the image resolution blured. The same happens with QPainter::drawImage. I only see the way to redraw everything in QPainter painting everything on QPrinter. The first tests gave me the result I wanted.

On each page I could see some white yard lines partly covering my text. I can easily remove them with lots of queries, but the player circles still overlap with the rectangle when they are put close to its border(s). Is there a way to only clip this Image area on QPainter so that the textlines can still be displayed?

• I solved it myself, but honestly I haven't thought that it would work.

@QPrinter printer;
    // Settings for the printer

QPainter painter;
    painter.begin(&printer);

// for each formation/play, do this
    printer.newPage();
    // set font with QFont for headline
    painter.drawText(0, 0, formation->getName());

// start drawing formation in clipped area in size 640:360
    painter.setClipRect(0, 100, 640, 360);
    formation->drawFormation(&painter, 640, 360);
    painter.setClipping(false);

// set Font for formation's/play's information
    painter.drawText(0, 0, formation->getInfo());

// after painting everything
    painter.end()@

Painter clips everything only if QPainter::clipping() is true. When you set clipping to false in between, than it ignores all clipping rules from that very moment.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.