2 questions about : 1- the space , 2- after compiling

• Hey guys , I have two question here:

1- when I try to resize the width of a qline edit , it resizes but it goes to the right not to the left this is a pic :

http://oi58.tinypic.com/vdpus6.jpg

look at the q line edit , when I resize it , it goes the right and leave lots of space between the q label and it self , I want to resize it and it stays where it is instead of going to the right, meaning it gets rid of the right size instead of the left.

2- when I compile and go to

@

C:\Users\username\QT\build-project-Desktop_Qt_5_2_1_MSVC2012_OpenGL_64bit-Debug\debug

@

to check the program , when I try to run it it says it needs qt5widgetsd.dll , what if I wanted to give it to a friend of mine or something , what should I do then ?

• I remember a guy yesterday gave me a link about QWizard , I think it'll solve my second problem , thank u.. , but what about the first one.

• Hey guys , still waiting for your help , I think the QWizard is not what I thought it was :D

• Moderators

Please have patience. People are volunteering to answer questions on their free time and there isn't always someone to give you an immediate answer. Please try to wait a little longer than 3 hours before bumping your post. Thanks!

• ^

Thank you , to be honest I didn't understand what he meant , I did this like he said but it says error:

@

C:>cd Qt

C:\Qt>cd Qt5.2.1

C:\Qt\Qt5.2.1>configure -static -release -platform win32-msvc
    'configure' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

C:\Qt\Qt5.2.1>

@

• yes , but I'll check cuz i have more than one versions

• still the same problem :(

• Searched and found that you need to copy the dlls to the project's folder , but is there a way around that ?

• ^

Thank u , tried the first solution and it worked " copying files " i'll try the link that you've posted ^^ , thanks buddy for your help.

but what about the first problem :(

• -- 1--
    Are you using a layout ? What about the position of spacers ?
    We need to see some code or the ui form to be able to help.

• Thanks guys: the picture is fine as i said , but the line edit is a little big " I mean width " , I this function :

@
    QLineEditObject->setMaximumWidth(...);
    @

it sets the width , but it goes to the right leaving empty space between the qline edit and the qlabel , for example when I used setMaximumWidth(40)

picture:

http://oi57.tinypic.com/14wdkdu.jpg

look at the line edit , it got to the right , I want it next to the Qlabel "your gpa "

• @mranger90 , thanks I think i need to use spacers " just found about it , because of u ^^ " thank u

here is a link for anyone with the same problem

http://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/27363

• ^

I like to code it's much fun , beside you need to learn to code yourself , I think :D

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.