Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Signal slot confusion

• Hi
    I have a main window class that makes use of another class services (for example loading of a configuration file).
    My question regards how best to set up the communication between the two classes.
    At the moment I am creating the connections is the Main Window class -
    @
    connect(this,&MainWindow::fileSelected,m_fileHandler,&FileManagement::FileManager::load);
    connect (m_fileManager,&FileManagement::FileManager::fileLoaded,this,&MainWindow::onfileLoaded);
    @
    I am wondering if this is the recommended way - rather than having the first connect statement in the FileManager class?
    The reason I have done this way is so that I do not have to include the header for Main window in FileManager.
    Are there any alternative approaches.

I know this example seems trivial but in reality things are likely to be more complex and I want to get the design correct before it is too late

Thanks for your time

beetroot

• Well signal and slot mechanism is most recommended way for connecting between classes and it is definitely better than passing pointer of MainWindow to FileManagement.