New Qt Mobility MapPOI Collector app: Cloudmade
The initial version of CloudMade MapPOI Collector app is released today!
What we have now:
- Current version of MapPOI-C has a basic functional: add, delete and edit a POI (Point Of Interest)
- OSM functionality is consolidated in osmdatasorurce class and can be moved into separate library/plugin pretty easy.
Would be cool to hear your feedback and look for an additional release in a few days!
That worked out of the box, which is always very nice. And generally speaking the app works smoothly.
Some misc comments:
- there is no 'neutral' state for the cursor, i.e. panning the map with mouse (click) will always try either to add, remove, or edit a POI. No biggie but is a bit unintuitive first.
- There are console warnings when clicking a POI "Application asked to unregister timer which is not registered in this thread. Fix application.". It is worth having a look at, as it potentially can cause very difficult errors to debug
- the default password credential seems a bit explicit :)
Thank you for feedback and check our MapPOI Collector app!
Work on updates is already in progress, so new version shall be released soon!
Re: password - :-)