QDebug doesn't print anything

• I have this in my code:
    @qDebug() << "hello";@

But I get nothing on stdout when I run the program in either debug or release mode.

I tried adding CONFIG += console to the project file and rebuilt everything, but it didn't help.

Any ideas? Should I report this as a bug?

EDIT: to clarify, cout, cerr, printf, etc all work fine. I would like to use qDebug because I don't want to write serialization code myself for stuff like QMatrix4x4.

• just try: QDebug() << "hello";
    and include <QDebug>

• [quote author="clochydd" date="1394404924"]just try: QDebug() << "hello";
    and include <QDebug>[/quote]

Sorry, that was actually what I meant to write. I was just to lazy to actually copy the code. Edited my original post.

• What Qt version? Qt Project binary or one you built yourself? Platform? Compiler?
    Are you defining QT_NO_DEBUG_OUTPUT, QT_NO_WARNING_OUTPUT, or QT_NO_DEBUG_STREAM in your project?

• and QDebug is included?

• And check that you build your project with CONFIG+=debug

• Moderators

Did you run qmake after adding "CONFIG += console"?

[quote author="andreyc" date="1394408559"]And check that you build your project with CONFIG+=debug[/quote]That's for creating debug builds. Release builds can use qDebug() too.

• [quote author="ChrisW67" date="1394405571"]What Qt version? Qt Project binary or one you built yourself? Platform? Compiler?
    Are you defining QT_NO_DEBUG_OUTPUT, QT_NO_WARNING_OUTPUT, or QT_NO_DEBUG_STREAM in your project?
    [/quote]

I'm running arch linux x86_64 with qtcreator 3.0.1.git-2 from the standard repositories. I've only tried with gcc (GCC) 4.8.2 20140206 (prerelease). I don't define any of those variables in my qmake files.

[quote author="andreyc" date="1394408559"]And check that you build your project with CONFIG+=debug[/quote]

I tried adding that to the build to both the main .pro and those for the subprojects, but no difference :P

• Moderators

Did you re-run qmake?

• [quote author="JKSH" date="1394411428"]Did you re-run qmake?
    [/quote]

Yes

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.