Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct
[BUG POSTED] Qt 5.2.0/Qt 5.2.1: infinite recursion in androiddeployqt
cdonham last edited by
I am using Qt5.2.0 under linux.
I have successfully built an apk previously by compiling under qtcreator and then running:
../../android/Qt5.2.0/5.2.0/android_armv7/bin/androiddeployqt --verbose --input android-libdLarn.so-deployment-settings.json --ant ~/android/apache-ant-1.9.3/bin/ant --output android-build
I recently updated my source code adding two new files. After updating my .pro file and rebuilding in qtcreator, I now get the following failure from androiddeployqt:
- Stripping libraries to minimize size.
- Copying Android sources from project.
- -- Skipping file /home/dlarn/dLarn/android/about.cpp. Same or newer file already in place.
- -- Skipping file /home/dlarn/dLarn/android/about.h. Same or newer file already in place.
- -- Skipping file /home/dlarn/dLarn/android/about.o. Same or newer file already in place.
- -- Skipping file /home/dlarn/dLarn/android/android-build/about.cpp. Same or newer file already in place.
- -- Skipping file /home/dlarn/dLarn/android/android-build/about.h. Same or newer file already in place.
- -- Skipping file /home/dlarn/dLarn/android/android-build/about.o. Same or newer file already in place.
- -- Skipping file /home/dlarn/dLarn/android/android-build/android-build/about.cpp. Same or newer file already in place.
- -- Skipping file /home/dlarn/dLarn/android/android-build/android-build/about.h. Same or newer file already in place.
- -- Skipping file /home/dlarn/dLarn/android/android-build/android-build/about.o. Same or newer file already in place.
These error messages continue each time adding a new instance of android-build until it overflows the maximum path length and finally stops. (Note that it keeps checking the same files over and over again, each time with another android-build subdirectory added).
Any ideas about what I've done to annoy androiddeployqt? (I've tried a complete rebuild of the project from scratch including having qtcreator rerun the .pro file -- no luck).
P.S. I am able to build a linux version and windows version using the exact same code base. These run successfully. There are no build errors from qtcreator, qmake, make, or VSC++ for any of these builds.
cdonham last edited by
I figured out what was going on. For more information, see: