Additional parameters für QObject class?

• This is a very basic question.

I have a class named HddAllocation:

@class HddAllocation : public QObject
    {
    Q_OBJECT
    public:
    explicit HddAllocation(QObject *parent = 0, const wchar_t * mountPoint = L"C:\");@

Without >, const wchar_t * mountPoint = L"C:\"< I can create a new class easily. I just want to append a single parameter.

@HddAllocation::HddAllocation(QObject *parent, const wchar_t * mountPoint) :
    QObject(parent)
    {
    lpDirectoryName = mountPoint;
    lpFreeBytesAvailable = new ULARGE_INTEGER;
    lpTotalNumberOfBytes = new ULARGE_INTEGER;
    lpTotalNumberOfFreeBytes = new ULARGE_INTEGER;

}@

Doing this forces me to provide a QObject parent. But how?

Thanks.

• Moderators

You can change the sequence of the parameters, if you do not want to provide an instance for the QObject.

@
    class HddAllocation : public QObject
    {
    Q_OBJECT
    public:
    explicit HddAllocation(const wchar_t * mountPoint, QObject *parent = 0 );
    @

I have removed the default parameter. So you have to provide a parameter. I would assume that the compiler complained with your initialization of the default for mountPoint anyhow. At least I did not understand what the extra 'L' was for.

@
    HddAllocation::HddAllocation(const wchar_t * mountPoint, QObject *parent ) :
    QObject(parent)
    {
    lpDirectoryName = mountPoint;
    lpFreeBytesAvailable = new ULARGE_INTEGER;
    lpTotalNumberOfBytes = new ULARGE_INTEGER;
    lpTotalNumberOfFreeBytes = new ULARGE_INTEGER;
    }
    @

• Thanks! This is exactly what I needed.

The "L" in front of the string is for wide string literals, represented as L"xxx".
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/69ze775t.aspx

I am currently integrating some Win32 API functions in my app.

Thanks for your help, my class is now working! ;-)

• Moderators

Thanks that is explaining it. I typically stay with standard ASCII chars.
    Here is also a "link from a more neutral source":http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/language/string_literal

Since you are apparently learning C++ you might want to check also such information sources. MSDN has great detailed information which is really useful. However, out of personal experience I would recommend to do those checks. Otherwise you may face have trouble to migrate to other platforms without ms compiler.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.