Enginio dashboard unclarities

• Hi,

I am beginning to understand the Enginio ecosystem now, but a lot of my trouble in understanding it came from some parts of the dashboard website that made things unclear for me.

The biggest issue was permission management in user groups. I understand now that you can't edit the object and member management permissions per user group, but that isn't clear at all in the website: you are able to edit the permissions, and saving seems to succeed, but when you open the user group again, the settings are reset.

IIRC, there are a couple more places where this occurs. I think disabling settings that cannot be edited by the user would help users a lot, especially new users like me that are still finding their way in Enginio. If there would be a message somewhere indicating why the settings are read-only and where the calculated values come from, that would even be better!

Greetings,
    Jeroen Dierckx

• cid:52:privileges:purge

[quote author="JeroenDierckx" date="1391854089"]Hi,
    The biggest issue was permission management in user groups. I understand now that you can't edit the object and member management permissions per user group, but that isn't clear at all in the website: you are able to edit the permissions, and saving seems to succeed, but when you open the user group again, the settings are reset.
    [/quote]

This should work, can you try to edit these permissions again after doing full-page-refresh in your browser?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.