[SOLVED] Authentication failure

• Hi,

I am implementing cloud support for our application, where users can log on and we manage permissions of data based on that logon.

The last couple of days, I am having issues authenticating. Some of the users I created can't logon anymore, with a "internal server error" as result. This seems to happen after a while, and after that that specific user isn't able to logon anymore, ever.

When I remove the user and create it again, with exactly the same properties, user groups and such, logon succeeds again.

Is this a known issue, or am I doing something wrong?

• cid:52:privileges:purge

This is not known issue as far as I know. Did you modify user permissions/usergroups somehow? And are you using Enginio Qt library or something else?

• I did tinker a lot with the permissions and user groups, because I want to secure data access. We are working with patient data, so access has to be controlled firmly.

I am using the Qt Enginio library, using Qt 5.2.0.

Like I said, when I remove a user and recreate it, logon works again.

• By the way, the email I use for Enginio is jeroen.dierckx@outoftheboxproductions.be and the backend name is "Bioracer Motion", in case that could help.

Could you test this again with new user? It seems that errors have occurred after usergroup was destroyed. This should have been fixed today.

• It seems to keep working with the last user I created. It still doesn't work with the others though.

If I recreate all users, should I be fine then? Was the problem caused by something I did? Can I expect it to happen again?

[quote author="JeroenDierckx" date="1391629328"]
    If I recreate all users, should I be fine then? Was the problem caused by something I did? Can I expect it to happen again?[/quote]

Yes, for new users it should work just fine and this problem should not happen again. The problem was in server-side so it seems that you didn't do anything wrong.

• I recreated my users and everything works perfectly since. Thanks a lot!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.