SFtpFileSystemModel

• Hello,

The ssh utils developed for Qt-Creator are great. Especially SFtpFileSystemModel, which can be used to browse a remote file system in a QTreeView. Is there any plan to integrate this or something similar into Qt?

PS: I am a first-time poster here, pardon me if I missed something.

Thanks,

• First of all: welcome!

I'm not aware of any such plans. But what is the problem of keeping on using this as a library? Not everything needs to be in the core of Qt, right? I think that being able to access an SFtp service from Qt using the model/view framework is cool and useful, but it is not something that I expect too many applications will need to do.

• Moderators

Hi,

SFTP in general is a feature that others have been asking for for a while (e.g. see https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-8491 ) It hasn't received much attention so far though (possibly because the bug report is so old).

If you subscribe to and email the "Development mailing list":http://lists.qt-project.org/mailman/listinfo/development, you might be able to get the attention of someone who has the skills and interest in porting it to Qt. Or if you can create and submit a patch, I'm sure it will be accepted

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

There's also the KIO library from KDE that could be of interest (currently tier3 which means IIRC "other dependencies than only Qt" but I don't know all the details). It might also be worth to talk with them about it since they already provide a common interface to access e.g. FTP/SFTP/SSH etc...

• Hi, Thank you for your replies. Regarding QSsh, it depends on another library (Botan). It might not be so easy to get a patch accepted if it requires adding dependencies.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Then go with the Add-On module road. But first, you should talk with the Qt Creator's developers to know whether they already had a project like that. And if not, see if they would be interested by that and maybe even help you.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.