Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

[SOLVED] Qt Android on Mac OSX Maverick - ant path problem!

• Hello,
    I have configured all necessary things on mac to build android Qt app, but I am having problem with ant path that is sticking deploy on android.

I know on Mac ant is well supported (present in /usr/bin/ant), but in Android options, it is asking for location that is not /usr/bin.
    Moreover if I get ant from apache site, again I set that directory as ant location, but deploy process tells me that location is a directory!

So what do I have to do to get rid of this problem?!?

Thanks to all
    Gianni

• Hi Gianni,

I think you should put the FULL path to the executable, instead of the path to the directory the executable is contained in. For instance, in Windows I put

@<PATH>\Ant\bin\ant.bat@

and the deployment started to work correctly.

Bests,
    F.

• I know that, I'am deploying to android also using windows, but if I put full path it always tells me that is wrong.
    It seems Qt form options doesn't permit to put the exe file

• [double post]

• Yes I did,
    I am using Mavericks and whereis doesn't exist!
    anyway, I found where ant is: /usr/bin/ant but again it doesn't matter because Qt rejects it.
    So what I can try is this:
    @
    $ant -diagnostics

ANT PROPERTIES

ant.version: Apache Ant(TM) version 1.9.2 compiled on July 8 2013
    ant.java.version: 1.6
    ant.core.lib: /opt/local/share/java/apache-ant/lib/ant.jar
    ant.home: /opt/local/share/java/apache-ant
    @

And use the last diagnostic voice.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Do you have ant installed through macports ? If so it might be this one that you should try use

You can check the path of a command using "which"

Hope it helps

• I think ant was already installed on Mac OS. I don't know if "which" exist, anyway I'll give it a try.

• Ahhh mac OSX is a very sh**t

Finally, I put this and it is working:
    /usr/local/ant/bin/ant

latter ant is executable.