I am Qt Ambassador

• Hi All,

I recevied phone,T-Shirt and stickers . Now I feel like a Ambassador .

Thank you so much Qt NOKIA

• Save them as collectables. In 5 years you'll be able to tell college kids a story about a once-great company named Nokia, later acquired by Microsoft as a mobile hardware department. In 5 more years you'll be able to tell college kids a story about a once-great company named Microsoft... :-)

• [quote author="serkol" date="1297610594"]Save them as collectables. In 5 years you'll be able to tell college kids a story about a once-great company named Nokia, later acquired by Microsoft as a mobile hardware department. In 5 more years you'll be able to tell college kids a story about a once-great company named Microsoft... :-)[/quote]

ROFL :-)

• Hi, Is there any charge when you receive the Ambassador merchandising?
    Because I just went to retire my own merchandising and they tell me that I have to pay a cost kind of expensive...

I thought that this was a present from Nokia... can anyone give more information?

• My care package arrived today. For those who haven't gotten it yet, "I posted pictures here":http://appliedcoffeetechnology.tumblr.com/post/3334612750. Thanks, Nokia.

• [quote author="N3Roaster" date="1297900793"]My care package arrived today. For those who haven't gotten it yet, "I posted pictures here":http://appliedcoffeetechnology.tumblr.com/post/3334612750. Thanks, Nokia.[/quote]

That was a good read N3Roaster, and that Specialty Coffee Wars shirt looked very cool. We did something similar for an internal event a long time ago, "May the source be with you" :)

• *@diego: You should not have to pay anything for your shipment. Documentation with the shipment states that Nokia covers all charges including import tax. Please tell the shipping company that. If there is still a problem, please email qt-ambassador@nokia.com. *

• @N3Roaster: Thanks for posting your Qt Ambassador kit pics!

• @N3Roaster, I was curious about what the kit would be, I think I'll receive it in a few weeks. Those things always take too much time to come to Brazil since the postal service here is slow with packages from other countries.

After seeing the pictures you posted I'm just anxious... :)

• I'm from Argentina and I received the kit 2 days ago!

It's really an amazing kit!

• [quote author="diegosarmentero" date="1298037428"]I'm from Argentina and I received the kit 2 days ago!

It's really an amazing kit![/quote]

Diego, how much time did it take to come after you sent Nokia your information?

• [quote author="Kbarrios" date="1298019528"]*@diego: You should not have to pay anything for your shipment. Documentation with the shipment states that Nokia covers all charges including import tax. Please tell the shipping company that. If there is still a problem, please email qt-ambassador@nokia.com. *[/quote]
    Does it mean that I don't have to pay import tax? Cause the shipping company asks me to pay it (about 150 euros). What should I do in this situation?

• No, claim that the package is already paid.
    The shipping company has to contact Nokia or something like that, ask to KBarrios she could tell you how to fix this.

• Hi,

I am really looking forward to receive the kit but what's inside? I heard some lucky ones are receiving also a phone in it??!?? WOW!

[EDIT: fixed multiple "!" (wiki parser interpreted it as image link), Volker]

• Yes, the Kit contains a T-Shirt from Qt :D
    Some stickers and a Nokia C7.
    I'm looking forward to start developing applications with Qt for that phone!

• WOW coool!

• *@leppa: Nope, you shouldn't have to pay anything. Please let the shipping company know that the documentation states that the sender, Nokia, pays all charges including import tax. If you still have a problem, send me an email qt-ambassador@nokia.com, with your details. *

@libe: All Qt Ambassadors will receive a Nokia C7.

All: Note that we just ran out of some goodies included in the kit. We have ordered more and we will be sending out a massive next shipment in a couple of weeks to Ambassadors that still haven't received their kits.

Also, note that the phones are coming from our Norwegian distributor, so like N3Roaster stated in his blog, the manual is in Norwegian. Sorry about that. BUT, I am sure you can all figure out how it works without the manual, being Engineers and all ;-)

• [quote author="diegosarmentero" date="1298037821"]No, claim that the package is already paid.
    The shipping company has to contact Nokia or something like that, ask to KBarrios she could tell you how to fix this.[/quote]
    That's really great! I'll contact the shipping company and tell them about it.

Looking forward to test my app on a real Symbian device :-)

• [quote author="Kbarrios" date="1298038632"]
    *@leppa: Nope, you shouldn't have to pay anything. Please let the shipping company know that the documentation states that the sender, Nokia, pays all charges including import tax. If you still have a problem, send me an email qt-ambassador@nokia.com, with your details. *
    [/quote]
    Thank you for this information. I already contacted the shipping company. Now waiting for the answer. Anything I can present them as a proof if they will still ask to pay?

• The shipping company has the documentation as proof. If they still don't cooperate, please let me know and we will contact them directly.

• Hi Kbarrios,

I've paid Rs 970 (Indian currency)

After getting money they handover the package. Can I get my money refund or what charges they? Indian import duty?
    I've no idea. Can you help?

• Me too.. eagerly waiting for the kit ;) .. And its nice to see so much encouragement :)

• @Yash: You should not pay any import taxes for the kit. Please do not pay the shipping company anything as the shipping documentation states that Nokia pays all charges. If you do pay any of the charges, unfortunately, Nokia will not be able to refund you. Therefore, DO NOT pay any of the charges and tell the shipping company that Nokia will pay everything as it states in the paperwork.

• After the hassle with TNT, and thanks to Katherine and Alex, I'm now a proud owner of Nokia C7 and even more Qt stickers than I had before :) Thanks Trolls!

• Just got a call from the shipping company: everything's OK, so I will not have to pay. Now waiting for customs clearance and the kit will be at my home in several days. Thank you, Kbarrios, for your support and Nokia for sending us the phone and taking care of all payments.

A little suggestion: I think you should send an e-mail to all Ambassadors about the kit and that you cover an import tax. It was a complete surprise for me when shipping company called and said that a package is waiting for me %)
    If I received an invitation to this group several days later, I'd pay this import tax myself.

Once again, thank you for your support.

[quote author="Kbarrios" date="1298044827"]The shipping company has the documentation as proof. If they still don't cooperate, please let me know and we will contact them directly. [/quote]

• Got my kit too, thanks Nokia. I have been wanting a device to experiment with embedded Qt development for years now. This should be the push I need to really get into embedded development, even if the short term future for that kind of work isn't looking as bright as it once did. Very cool care package guys, I didn't expect a cool phone to develop on!

• :) Wow, this is great I just joined the group so I am waiting for the kit :)

• Wowwwwwwwwwww, i am waintog fot the kit too =)...

• Yeah got mine too love the t-shirt!

The C7 was nice, got it ripped from my car this morning was just a couple of meters a way delivering some stuff to a client and right in front of me! They guy will be disappointed it ain't got French on it, the sucker!

Btw I'm already out of stickers :-) They are all over the place!

• My "application":http://qt.nokia.com/qt-in-use/ambassadors/project?id=a0F20000006KgBSEA0 was just posted, so now I really am a Qt Ambassador too!

Very nice, and quick processing on the Troll side.

• Congrats Andre! The screenshots look impressive!

• @Kbarrios: I just received a phone call from the shipping company(seems to be TNT) that my Kit is arrived. But they asked me to pay the import taxes for the kit. So can you please help me? (I already send you an email to "qt-ambassador@nokia.com")

• Hey
    Nice to meet you all, I received my welcome kit. Thanks a bunch QT NOKIA!

• [quote author="Liangliang Nan" date="1300069347"]@Kbarrios: I just received a phone call from the shipping company(seems to be TNT) that my Kit is arrived. But they asked me to pay the import taxes for the kit. So can you please help me? (I already send you an email to "qt-ambassador@nokia.com")[/quote]
    Did you say them that import duties are paid by the sender (Nokia) and that this is stated in the shipping documents? This should be enough. No need to contact Nokia unless shipping company refuses to cooperate.

• I told them. But the guy from the shipping company didn't cooperate :-)

[quote author="Lёppa" date="1300092789"][quote author="Liangliang Nan" date="1300069347"]@Kbarrios: I just received a phone call from the shipping company(seems to be TNT) that my Kit is arrived. But they asked me to pay the import taxes for the kit. So can you please help me? (I already send you an email to "qt-ambassador@nokia.com")[/quote]
    Did you say them that import duties are paid by the sender (Nokia) and that this is stated in the shipping documents? This should be enough. No need to contact Nokia unless shipping company refuses to cooperate.[/quote]

• Thanks for the kit!
    T-shirt goes to use now as the first one will be saved for a rainy day.
    Still cant figure out where i could use those shiny ambassador stickers.

And btw boss broke my coffee mug (it really was accident), could the next kit contain cool ambassador coffee/tea mug? =)

• [quote author="Liangliang Nan" date="1300094093"]I told them. But the guy from the shipping company didn't cooperate :-)[/quote]
    Sorry to hear that. In my case they cooperated.
    Anyway, I hope Nokia will help you and good luck!

• I got my congratulations email yesterday. Just popping to say Hi to the rest of You Qt Ambassadors, and a big Thank You to all the Trolls working on the Qt Ambassador program.

• Welcome all Qt Ambassadors to the club! :D

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.