Qt Creator 3.0: GDB "Additional Startup Commands" executing too late

• I'm using Qt Creator 3.0 and Qt 5.2.0, developing on a QNX Device.

When the debugger starts up, many shared library symbols aren't found. Using

@show solib-search-path@

indicates that the solib-search-path is being automatically set somehow (maybe by the QNX Device kit?) but it's missing important directories for finding symbols.

I can issue a

@set solib-search-path \some\path:\another\path:\yet\another\path@

command to the debugger and the symbols are loaded properly. However, the path is really long, consisting of many different directories - basically, it's a pain to have to issue the command manually to the debugger for each debug session.

In order to simplify things, in Qt Creator's Debugger Preferences, I went to the "GDB" tab and entered the command in the "Additional Startup Commands" field:

@set solib-search-path \some\path:\another\path:\yet\another\path:\there\are\lots\of\libraries\in\my\project@

After changing this setting I launch a new debug session. My command is executed by the debugger, but then the next command is the "default" "set solib-search-path" command, which clobbers my custom startup command.

I tried putting my command in ~.gdbinit as well - with the same result: my custom command is executed before the default command and is essentially overwritten.

My question is: how do I automatically set the solib-search-path in a way that it doesn't get overwritten by the "automatic" GDB commands?

• You can put global changes into your .gdbinit.

• Unfortunately that doesn't work. The .gdbinit commands are executed but then the "default" commands are executed right after, squashing the .gdbinit commands.

• Did you ever find a solution for this? I have the same problem.

• I was able to get it to work using QtCreator 3.6 by adding the commands to the "Additional Attach Commands" box instead of "Additional Startup Commands."

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.