Using Qt 5 with VS 2012 Express, and managing different QTDIR

• Hi everyone,

I am currently using VS 2012 Express for development and have recently installed Qt5.2 ( for MinGW and all versions of msvc2010/2012 ). I have a 32-bit library for which I want to use Qt to write a Tool App for, and I'm wondering if anyone has any luck compiling a Qt5 project in VS 2012 Express.

As far as I know, VS 2012 Express can't use the VS 2012 Plugin. I created a project for an 32-bit msvc2012 App with QtCreate. I also managed to create a VS2012 project by adding “–tp vc” in Build Step > qmake.

Using the generated .vcxproj file, I can compile the exe. When I try to run it, either directly or with the Local Windows Debugger, an error regarding a missing .dll will appear, one which is under C:\Qt\5.2.0\msvc2012\bin.

I managed to get around this issue using one of the following two methods:

1. Copy all the dlls in C:\Qt\5.2.0\msvc2012\bin to the same folder with the .exe.
    2. Add “C:\Qt\5.2.0\msvc2012\bin” to the Environment Variable $Path.

Most of the solutions I found online suggested using the second method. I am worried, however, if this will become a problem when I want to have another Qt project that uses a different setting of compilers and binaries (e.g. if I want to compile a 64-bit app, or if I need to use openGL).

Is there a better way to manage the usage between different binary versions of Qt5?

Thank you for any help in advance.

Ingrid

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.