Code Refactoring for Signals and Slots

• Hello,

I have writing a UI using pyside. Problem is I have around 15 buttons in my application that when pushed open a dialog box and ask for a file or directory and then update a related lineEdit.

I have a askforfile() method which I like to associate with all these buttons. Unfortunately using the clicked.connect way of handling slots in PySide I have to write a new function for each button that would actually do the same thing.

So I tried to use lamba function in order to be able to pass the name of the lineEdit as a parameter of the askforfile() method. but I am getting error implementing this.
    Could anybody please help me figure out what I am doing wrong ?

@class MainAppWindow(QMainWindow):

def __init__(self, 
                 parent=None):
        super(MainAppWindow, self).__init__()

self.ui = Ui_MainWindow.Ui_MainWindow()
        self.ui.setupUi(self)    
        self.ui.X_Vel_pushButton.clicked.connect(lambda name="X_Vel_lineEdit": self.askforfile(name))
        def askforfile(self,currentLineEdit):

curFileName=self.ui.currentLineEdit.text()
            (fileName, _selectedFilter) = QtGui.QFileDialog.getOpenFileName(self, filter="*.txt;;*.*",viewMode="Detail")
            if fileName!="" and fileName!=curFileName:
                 self.ui.X_Vel_lineEdit.setText(fileName)

@
    I am guessting something is wrong in my passing of currentLineEdit to askforfile().
    I would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.