Newbie Questioning - Sailfish vs Snake like game

• Hi there,

I haven't used Qt or QML before, neither am I much of a programmer, that's my disclaimer. I apologise in advance if this is the wrong forum for this post. I going to avoid making too many assumptions here, when plainly I don't know what I'm talking about.

My ambition is to write or claim to have written (with a lot of help from some generous friends) a small snake game for Sailfish OS.

Using the Sailfish SDK, I took the example application added a third page and promptly hit a brick wall.

My big assumption for today. I think the emulated operating system is picking up the mouse as a mouse device rather than emulating a touch. So I'm not confident about the similarity of the mouse and touch api's or if they're even comparable.

The goal of the game being a touch representation of the snake game with the finger as the head of the snake. If you could point me to some good tutorials which deal with touch and gestures and snake games or put in your six pence worth, I'd be very grateful.

My Questions
    Am I starting the right place?

Where should I start?

Is there anything that I've missed, that you think I should have included here?

My objective is to do (what I hope is) some basic programming and Qt stuff...

Thank you for your patience.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.