Using [KDAB] GammaRay to access position of buttons for mouse automation.

• Hi All,

I've been looking into trying to automate a QT Application on a very basic level, just by automating mouse clicks. I've found a software called GammaRay (http://www.kdab.com/kdab-products/gammaray/) and it works amazingly well for giving me visual information about the Qt Data Structure during run-time. At this point I've built GammaRay with VS2012 and have a debugger available for trying to figure out exactly how it works, but due to the constant jumping between various DLL Probes and other Qt DLLs, I'm having a hard time tracking down the information I need.

Basically, I'm looking for a good point to access GammaRay's Qt Object Tree, and certain object's Properties through that tree. For example, in GammaRay you can access a data tree that looks like this QtMainWindow->QtToolBar->QtButton->Properties->pos(Position) but I haven't found where I can access QtMainWindow and actually navigate through it's Children. I found a point in the code where the ObjectInspector (objectinspector.cpp) happens to access an actual QObject that has pointers to Parents and Children, however those pointers are protected and I am unable to use this pointer as a location to navigate from.

Does anyone have any ideas on this matter?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.