LibQt5Quick.a missing from Qt 5.2.0 binary OS X / Clang x64 distribution ?

• Trying to build an example project on OS X 10.9.1, I get:

bq. :-1: error: No rule to make target /Users/rebar/Qt/5.2.0/clang_64/lib/libQt5Quick.a', needed bytextureinthread.app/Contents/MacOS/textureinthread'. Stop.

Indeed, libQt5Quick doesn't seem to be present in clang_64. I just installed using the web installer. I've double-checked with the maintenance tool, and tried using its package manager to remove and redownload 5.2.0. Is Quick 2 not supported on OS X, is the compiled library not included, is this a bug of some sort, or did I miss something?

Did a search, couldn't find anything. Apologies if this is covered elsewhere.

• Did you solve this?

I'm having the same problem.

• Most likely a configuration problem in your project, all downloads only provide Qt dynamic libraries (as frameworks on Mac). You want to link against QtQuick.framework not libQt5Quick.a.

• Yeah I'm getting the same problem. The previous RC version worked fine.
    Now I can't compile any of the examples.

I see that by default the QT Creator tries to build the iOS examples, is this how it should be ?
    When I load the maroon example from the Creator, it loads this project:

/Users/sakari/Qt/5.2.0/ios/examples/quick/demos/maroon

But when I try to for example to run the 'maroon' example, I get this:

11:39:07: Running steps for project maroon...
    11:39:07: Configuration unchanged, skipping qmake step.
    11:39:07: Starting: "/usr/bin/make"
    make: *** No rule to make target /Users/sakari/Qt/5.2.0/clang_64/lib/libQt5Quick_debug.a', needed bymaroon.app/Contents/MacOS/maroon'. Stop.
    11:39:07: The process "/usr/bin/make" exited with code 2.
    Error while building/deploying project maroon (kit: Desktop Qt 5.2.0 clang 64bit)
    When executing step 'Make'
    11:39:07: Elapsed time: 00:00.

I can see that the actual library exists in

/Users/sakari/Qt/5.2.0/ios/lib/libQt5Quick_debug.a

But for some reason QT Creator tries to link to the clang_64 version .. is there some environment variable or setting that I have to change ? I just removed my old QT5.2.0RC1 installation manually beforing installing the release version.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.