QTreeWidgetItem setDecorated False

• Hi, I'm using PyQt4, but it should be very similar to C++.
    I'm hiding the expand / collapse symbols in the QTreeWidget by calling setRootIsDecorated. How do I hide the decorations for the whole tree, not just the root? I've tried QTreeWidgetItem.setChildIndicatorPolicy(QTreeWidgetItem.DontShowIndicator), but this collapses the children, even when I've expanded them. What is setRootIsDecorated doing under the hood to just hide the + / - symbols and nothing else?
    Thank you.

• Moderators

you can use a "stylesheet":http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/stylesheet-examples.html#customizing-qtreeview to hide the branch-indicators with an invalid/transparent image.

• Thanks for your help. I got this working.
    I have a follow-up question. Since it turns out the table doesn't look that great with a blank space there, how would I use the default branch-more.png or branch-end.png as a replacement? When I try putting in the URLs from the example it's still blank. Probably because it can't find the image url.
    I'm extending the interface of a 3rd party application, so I'm trying to figure out how to use their default images rather than make my own .pngs. I thought I might be able to get their existing style sheet by calling the styleSheet() method on my QTreeWidget or maybe its parents, but everything was just empty strings.

• Moderators

probably they have set it on the QApplication instance?

• This is what I get from QApplication.instance().styleSheet().
    I guess it would be QApplication::instance()->styleSheet() in C++.

@
    *{
    selection-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
    selection-background-color: rgb(37, 200, 25);
    color: white;
    }
    QToolTip{ color: black;}
    *:disabled{color:rgb(30, 30, 30);}
    @
    Looks like they're only changing colors. However, the default Windows 7 expand / collapse icons look like arrows, while the ones I get look like + and - symbols. Not sure if there's an easy way to find where these icons are. Maybe it would make more sense for me to ask their support about that instead.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.