Using Enginio library with Qt 5.2.0

• Hi all,

I'm banging my head trying to test Enginio and after a few hours still could not link a simple Qt application to the Enginio library.
    I've not tried to clone the enginio-qt repository and then compile and install the library myself yet, as I expected it to be available and fully functional after installing Qt 5.2.0. But after adding the

QT += enginio

line to my project file, qmake complains about "Unknown module(s) in QT: enginio".

I'm confused. [I think] the documentation clearly states that Enginio should "just work" with Qt 5.2.0:

"You can use Enginio with an existing installation of Qt 5.2 or later, or get Qt packages containing Engino (starting with Qt 5.2)." [1]

Am I missing something obvious here? Thanks!

[1] https://engin.io/documentation/qt/qtenginio/enginio-getting-started.html

• Ok, I just cloned the repository and built and installed it myself. I'm using Ubuntu, BTW.

I needed to remove all traces of Qt devel packages from my system and adjust the PATH env variable to point to the right qmake binary in ~/Qt5.2.0/5.2.0/gcc/bin

I think it would be nice if Enginio is included in the vanilla Qt installer. I thought that would be the case since Qt 5.2.0.

• Hi Diego,
    the package situation is a bit confusing at the moment I have to admit.

Enginio is currently available in the online installer (you need to check it in the Qt Cloud Service category) but not yet in the offline installer.
    This is mostly because we are still learning how to best deliver the packages and I assume that it will be included with the offline installers in one of the next releases.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I'm glad that you found a solution already.

• Thanks for clarifying that up, frederik!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.