Test built with QTestLib complains about missing Qt5Core.dll

• Hello,

Im new to testing using Qt, therefore i wanted to built a very simple QString test like "here":http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/qtestlib-tutorial1.html .
    Therefore i added a Test_Simple.cpp in a directory MyProject/tests/unit/Test_Simple.cpp with the following content:
    @
    #include <QtTest/QtTest>

class Test_Simple : public QObject
    {
    Q_OBJECT
    public slots:
    void test();
    };

void Test_Simple::test() {
    QString str = "hallo";
    QVERIFY(str.toUpper() == "HALLO");
    }

QTEST_MAIN(Test_Simple)
    #include "Test_Simple.moc"
    @
    Then i run (from command line)
    @
    C:\Qt\5.2.0\mingw48_32\bin\qmake -project "Qt +=testlib"
    C:\Qt\5.2.0\mingw48_32\bin\qmake
    C:\Qt\Tools\mingw48_32\bin\mingw32_make.exe
    @

Everything builds fine and it creates a unit.exe in a release directory, but when i try to execute it says "Program could not be started, because Qt5Core.dll is missing.
    Do i have to copy the Qt Dlls in a system directory in order to execute the app or can i manually tell him where to search?

Of Course everything works if I copy the DLLs into the directory, but that is not very convenient...

Thank you!

Kind Regards!

• Moderators

[quote author="dualfaces" date="1387544925"]
    Do i have to copy the Qt Dlls in a system directory in order to execute the app or can i manually tell him where to search?
    [/quote]
    Either way copy the necessary DLLs along with your exe or let it find it by itself by inserting the path containing the DLLs in the PATH environment variable.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.