Qt 5.2 Is Qt static?

• In an article in FAQ I read that I need to determine if Qt is built statically.
    It went on to how, which was to type the following into command prompt while in Qt install folder...

@cd C:\path\to\Qt
    configure -static // something about other flags here@

Unfortunately I do not have a configure, either .bat, .exe or .com, either anywhere in Qt path or indeed anywhere on my computer.

My goal is to statically link all possible dependencies to my final executable..

I use Vs 2010 with add-in (all works fine and correctly to the best of my knowledge)

The Qt I downloaded was for my 32 win7 with vs2010 install binary.

Appreciate any help.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

No, Qt is never built statically for the packages as static linking introduce licensing issues (unless you're a commercial customer of Digia)

If you want to build Qt, you first need to download the sources.

• Thanks.

I thought I had understood that you may not sell your statically linked executables, and if you distribute them you must include the licencing info.

Thank your for your answer.

• Moderators

[quote author="TEDSON" date="1387491013"]I thought I had understood that you may not sell your statically linked executables, and if you distribute them you must include the licencing info.[/quote]Hi,

The licenses talk about your obligations regarding sharing your source code. It doesn't restrict you from selling. See http://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/24108

Note: Licensing is a legal topic. You will need to talk to a lawyer to get valid legal advice. You can find opinions about the topic in this forum, but none of these opinions are relevant in court.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.