Any one has hellogl_es2 demo running with 5.2?

• 5.1.1 works fine for me.

But no luck with 5.2. It just crash. I tried it on my xoom, evo 3d, and kindle fire hd7. It crashes no all of them. I am wondering any one can run it on your lastest devices, such as N7 2nd.

I can have openglunderqml running with no problem. Any clue?

Maybe I have to stay on 5.1.1

• Got it working on my devices by commenting lines 67-77 in mainwindow.cpp, where the groupbox and layout is created.

Then add glwidget->show() somewhere in mainwindow.cpp

Calling setCentralWidget() on a QGLWidget seems to result in a crash.

@// QGroupBox * groupBox = new QGroupBox(this);
    // setCentralWidget(groupBox);
    // groupBox->setTitle("OpenGL ES Example");

// QGridLayout *layout = new QGridLayout(groupBox);

// layout->addWidget(glwidget,1,0,8,1);
    // layout->addWidget(label,9,0,1,1);
    // layout->addWidget(slider, 11,0,1,1);

// groupBox->setLayout(layout);@

• Commenting QGruopBox did stop crashing. Shall we report this bug to upstream?

Although it does not crash, I got only blackscreen, like cube demo.

In 5.1.1, hellogl_es2 works fine, but cube gives blackscreen. In 5.2, both are just blackscreen.

• I followed this post "http://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/32978", to get cube working some how.

Geomertry is rendered and touches are responded. There is no shading, or texture.

• [quote author="sftrytry" date="1387297898"]Commenting QGruopBox did stop crashing. Shall we report this bug to upstream?

Although it does not crash, I got only blackscreen, like cube demo.

In 5.1.1, hellogl_es2 works fine, but cube gives blackscreen. In 5.2, both are just blackscreen.[/quote]

Did you call show() for the glwidget?

• Neither of the demos calls show(). They work on Desktop, and hellogl_es2 works with 5.1.1 originally without calling show().

• Did you try it? When I don't call glwidget->show(), I get the black screen you were talking about.

• That's because mobile platforms running on eglfs have difficulties with supporting multiple native windows. In an application like hellogl_es2 the main window and the QGLWidget both need a native window under the hood. On desktop this is fine and hellogl_es2 works well (for example on xcb + EGL), but on Android or Embedded Linux it most likely won't.

As for Android some sort of solution is likely to come at some point in the future, see https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-34650
    In the meantime try avoiding mixing OpenGL windows with others. While having a single fullscreen QGLWidget or QQuickView is fine, mixing it with a widget-based UI is not.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.