Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Running .exe file using QProcess creates hundreds of the same processes

• I have a problem running phantomjs.exe binary in my QProcess class. Consider this code:

@QString program = "phantomjs.exe";
    QProcess *process = new QProcess(this);
    process->start(program, QStringList() << "test.js");@

test.js file:

@var page = require('webpage').create();

page.open('https://www.google.com.ua/?gws_rd=cr&ei=iP6eUoe9Bsi6ygP18oCADQ#q=ford', function (status) {
    if (status !== 'success') {
    console.log('Unable to access network');
    } else {
    var ua = page.evaluate(function () {
    return document.getElementById('viewport')[removed];});
    console.log(ua);
    }
    phantom.exit();
    });@

When I start the app main process loads up and nothing happens after that, just hundreds of other phantomjs.exe are created (checking it in TaskManager) as well as conhost.exe processes.

I tried other exe files, like notepad.exe, and it works just fine. Notepad window appears.

Did you encounter this problem? Please advice.

• This is not correct:
    @
    if (status !== 'success') { // line 4!
    // should be:
    if (status != 'success')
    @
    In this case, you check if the status != (status = success) so, no this comparison will never be valid!

• Thanks for your reply, but still no luck after changing the code like you said. I think there's something with the binary I run, I'll try to rund bash script to run it, we'll see what's going to happen.

• Ok, Good luck!
    If running a batch, it could be possible that there multiple times the process gets started.
    Greetz

• Solution I mentioned before doesn't work either. But when I run custom executable of phantomjs instead of my application everything works fine, really strange.

Maybe you can suggest some other ways of using phantomjs in Qt? As I checked there's no way to build dynamic library out of source.