[Solved] CSS on custom widget

• Hi,

I have a class that inherits from QPushButton. I want to customize it's look and feel with CSS, but I don't know how to access it from CSS.

The widget is promoted on Qt Designer from QPushButton to the custom class.

I tried
    @MyClassName {whatever}@

But it's not working.

@ui->myButton->metaObject()->className()@

returns QPushButton, not MyClassName.

Is there a simple way to access all instances of that class?
    Using QPushButton[objectName|="prefix"] might work for me, but my custom buttons are not named with a "prefix-", they are named with a suffix (and withouht hyphens). Is there an equivalent selector for suffixes or is it possible to use wildcards? I would like to avoid changing the names to keep consistent with the naming style I've been using until now.

Cheers

• I just found that [attribute$=value] is just what I need, but QtDesigner complains about it being invalid CSS... I guess Qt does not support CSS3, does it?

• Moderators

your class needs to have the Q_OBJECT macro in order to get the correct class name with the meta object system.

For the supported selector types see "this":http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/stylesheet-syntax.html#selector-types.

• Thanks for your quick replies.

bq. Have You looked on it..
    http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/stylesheet-examples.html

yes, that's the first place I looked. But I didn't find a similar example.

bq. your class needs to have the Q_OBJECT macro in order to get the correct class name with the meta object system.

You were right, I was missing the Q_OBJECT macro. Thank you very much!

For future reference, I needed to run qmake (Menu>Build>Run qmake) after adding the macro and prior to compiling. Otherwise I got an
    @undefined reference to `vtable@

error.

Needs compiling to see the changes in the CSS (no update on QDesigner)

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.