Qt World Summit: Register Today!

How to Hide the Right Arrow in QMenu?

• Can anyone please suggest me a way for hiding the right arrows of the QMenu. I tried using the stylesheet, but it doesn't works.

MenuRightArrow.qss

@QMenu::right-arrow[hide="true"]
    {
    image: url(Resources/MenuRight.png); //am using an unavailable image so that it will return empty.
    }@

And in cpp file, i have set the property for hiding the right arrows of the QMenu.

@menuItems-->setProperty("hide", true);@

In the stylesheet, if I remove the dynamic property "["hide", true]" then if i set a background color for the right arrows, then it works fine. but when am using the property ["hide", true], then the right arrow is not hiding. Please suggest.

@QMenu::right-arrow
    {
    background-color: red;
    }@

• Moderators

this is not correct:
    @
    QMenu::right-arrow[hide="true"]
    {
    }
    @

but this is:
    @
    QMenu[hide="true"]::right-arrow
    {
    }
    @

• Thanks for your reply raven-worx..

I tried as per your suggestion, but it doesn't work. :'(

• I tried searching in google to find out a solution for hiding the right arrows of a QMenu, but unfortunately I couldn't get any positive results.

Is it a BUG in Qt?

Plesae post your suggestions..

• Moderators

another possibility would be to set a 1x1 px transparent png. Maybe Qt rejects a image it can't find? I don't know...

• bq. Maybe Qt rejects a image it can’t find? I don’t know…

No. Qt will not reject an image if it is unavailable. If the specified image is unavailable it will return as empty.

• I have the same problem, I've searched all google and I have no answer. So I added it as a suggestion in the Qt bug tracker

• Lifetime Qt Champion

@Navis-Raven You could have provided a link to the bugreport here.

I'll do it for you this time: QTBUG-74501