QWidget expanding in QGraphicsScene/View

• Hello,

Here is my issue.
    I have a CustomWidget class which inherits from QWidget and has a UI file. This widget's main layout has its policy to x expanding, y expanding.

I want this widget to fit in a QGraphicsView by taking all the space available by the view (horizontally and vertically)
    For that, I created a QGraphicsScene, then used fitInView form the view.
    Then used scene->addWidget(customwidget)

The CustomWidget is centered in the view but doesnt fit it. Also, the widget's global dimensions in the view are the same as the ones in the CustomWidget's UI file , which means no automatic expansion ...

Cant figure out what's happening here :(

Cheers,

• Moderators

just resize your widget/graphicsproxywidget everytime the QGraphicsView resizes to the sceneRect().

Or play around with QGraphicsLayouts (not sure if there is one which does what you want though):
    @
    QGraphicsScene* scene;
    QGraphicsWidget *widget = scene->addWidget(new QWidget);

QGraphicsLinearLayout *layout = new QGraphicsLinearLayout;
    layout->addItem(widget);

QGraphicsWidget *form = new QGraphicsWidget;
    form->setLayout(layout);
    scene->addItem(form);
    @

• I will try this out :) Thanks.
    By the way, is there a difference in this case between QGraphicsproxywidget or Widget (when adding it to the scene) ?

• Moderators

QGraphicsProxyWidget derives from QGraphicsWidget

• bq. just resize your widget/graphicsproxywidget everytime the QGraphicsView resizes to the sceneRect().

...or set the sceneRect to QGraphicsView's geometry and widget/graphicsproxywidget accordingly?

• Indeed I think my issue was the scene->addWidget(customwidget) and not the scene which doesnt fit the view.
    scene->addWidget(customwidget) might set the widget's position by default to the center of the scene and not at 0,0. What do you think?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.