Qextserialport error: qwineventnotifier_p.h file not found UNABLE TO COMPILE

• Hi! I am new to QT and i cant make a project to compile maybe because of the broken "qwineventnotifier_p.h" file

i am using qextserialport-1.2rc
    Here is the compile output:

@02:04:22: Running build steps for project DBMS...
    02:04:22: Configuration unchanged, skipping qmake step.
    02:04:22: Starting: "C:\QtSDK\mingw\bin\mingw32-make.exe"
    C:/QtSDK/mingw/bin/mingw32-make.exe -f Makefile.Release
    mingw32-make.exe[1]: Entering directory C:/Users/ACER/Desktop/ISKUL/STI/71' g++ -c -O2 -frtti -fexceptions -mthreads -Wall -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DNCREPORT_IMPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_SQL_LIB -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_HAVE_MMX -DQT_HAVE_3DNOW -DQT_HAVE_SSE -DQT_HAVE_MMXEXT -DQT_HAVE_SSE2 -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_NEEDS_QMAIN -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.8.1\mingw\include\QtCore" -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.8.1\mingw\include\QtNetwork" -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.8.1\mingw\include\QtGui" -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.8.1\mingw\include\QtXml" -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.8.1\mingw\include\QtSql" -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.8.1\mingw\include" -I"c:\QtSDK\qextserialport-1.2rc\src" -I"c:\Program Files\NCReport\2.11.0.MinGW.Qt4.8.5.eval\include" -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.8.1\mingw\include\ActiveQt" -I"release" -I"." -I"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.8.1\mingw\mkspecs\win32-g++" -o release\qextserialport_win.o c:\QtSDK\qextserialport-1.2rc\src\qextserialport_win.cpp c:\QtSDK\qextserialport-1.2rc\src\qextserialport_win.cpp:43:50: error: QtCore/private/qwineventnotifier_p.h: No such file or directory c:\QtSDK\qextserialport-1.2rc\src\qextserialport_win.cpp: In member function 'bool QextSerialPortPrivate::open_sys(QFlags<QIODevice::OpenModeFlag>)': c:\QtSDK\qextserialport-1.2rc\src\qextserialport_win.cpp:111: error: invalid use of incomplete type 'struct QWinEventNotifier' c:\QtSDK\qextserialport-1.2rc\src\/qextserialport_p.h:173: error: forward declaration of 'struct QWinEventNotifier' c:\QtSDK\qextserialport-1.2rc\src\qextserialport_win.cpp:113: error: no matching function for call to 'QextSerialPort::connect(QWinEventNotifier*&, const char [19], QextSerialPort* const&, const char [23], Qt::ConnectionType)' c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.8.1\mingw\include/QtCore/qobject.h:204: note: candidates are: static bool QObject::connect(const QObject*, const char*, const QObject*, const char*, Qt::ConnectionType) c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.8.1\mingw\include/QtCore/qobject.h:217: note: static bool QObject::connect(const QObject*, const QMetaMethod&, const QObject*, const QMetaMethod&, Qt::ConnectionType) c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.8.1\mingw\include/QtCore/qobject.h:337: note: bool QObject::connect(const QObject*, const char*, const char*, Qt::ConnectionType) const c:\QtSDK\qextserialport-1.2rc\src\qextserialport_win.cpp: In member function 'bool QextSerialPortPrivate::close_sys()': c:\QtSDK\qextserialport-1.2rc\src\qextserialport_win.cpp:128: error: invalid use of incomplete type 'struct QWinEventNotifier' c:\QtSDK\qextserialport-1.2rc\src\/qextserialport_p.h:173: error: forward declaration of 'struct QWinEventNotifier' c:\QtSDK\qextserialport-1.2rc\src\qextserialport_win.cpp:129: error: invalid use of incomplete type 'struct QWinEventNotifier' c:\QtSDK\qextserialport-1.2rc\src\/qextserialport_p.h:173: error: forward declaration of 'struct QWinEventNotifier' mingw32-make.exe[1]: Leaving directoryC:/Users/ACER/Desktop/ISKUL/STI/71'
    mingw32-make.exe[1]: *** [release/qextserialport_win.o] Error 1
    mingw32-make.exe: *** [release] Error 2
    02:04:29: The process "C:\QtSDK\mingw\bin\mingw32-make.exe" exited with code 2.
    Error while building project DBMS (target: Desktop)
    When executing build step 'Make'@

thanks guys!

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Have a look at "this":http://code.google.com/p/qextserialport/wiki/qwineventnotifier_p_h

You might also want to checkout QSerialPort which is the official serial port classes support both Qt 4 and 5

• Is there a way to use the dll's or files of the previous successful build for it to compile?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

I don't follow your question. What do you mean with files of the previous successful build ?

• Hi princelelouch94,
    I have used the same qextserialport to communicate with RS485.
    you can follow these steps as per my knowledge.
    1.qmake-qt4 xxx.pro in terminal(i am using rhel 6,32bit)
    2.make
    3.make install

do the above steps for your qextserial project file.
    and then it gets libXXXXXX.so file stored in your bin files i guess.then you can add #include<qextserialport.h> as an header file and you can use it.Before that in your .pro file add the following one:
    CONFIG += extserialport

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.